t h r e e

I hear my alarm calling to me and I jolt up, remembering I have to get that damn schedule.

I put on a white shirt and a blue overall styled dress, pairing it white shoes. I am only dressed so casual because I will be there to grab my schedule and go, no mingling whatsoever. I finish brushing my hair, still extremely tired. This man is tiring me out before I can do it myself. I brush my teeth and put makeup on quickly.

I can't help but to remember this weird man, he's blushing around me but he already acts cold towards me. I hate him.

I get my stuff and leave my apartment, grabbing my keys and walk downing to the elevator and patiently wait for it to come to my floor. Well,soon enough it comes up and opens quickly, i walk in and press the lobby button. I watch the numbers drop and it's so dark out still because it's so early.

The doors open and not even Harper is out, I walk down to my car and unlocking it, I now keep that key Mr. Dillinger gave me on my car keys.

I drive down to the building and luckily I beat traffic, and park my car outside the lot. I walk inside the building and everything is still somewhat dark and quiet, a couple of people are working but no one is at the desk. I go to the elevator and it opens automatically, no wait this time. Once it opens, I walk in and press floor 36 it beeps requiring the key slot, which I slide in and the elevator shuts taking me up to the floor.

It reaches Mr.Dillinger's floor and I walk out looking towards his office which his light is on. I knock and i hear footsteps walking to the door. Mr.Dillinger stands there in a suit like yesterday and his hair sits perfectly again on his head. His perfect bone structure sits in the light from the room, highlighting all his perfect features.

"Morning." He says in a deep voice opening the door for me and walks over to his desk looking for a paper.

"Good morning." I say quietly and very intimidated.

"Here's the schedule, you work tomorrow. And then usually you'll get the weekends off. Unless said otherwise by me. Only me." He says calmly, handing me the schedule and I take it from his grasp. This time his fingertips graze my hand and I nervously pull back.

"Thank you." I say in a soft voice and gaze at the schedule, my eyes widen as I see there are not too many days off and I frown. I may seem difficult or possibly even a brat but come on, sometimes I want to actually sleep.

"Is there a problem?" He asks me coldly with a sharp gaze, and I turn away.

"Um. I just don't think that's fair, sir." I blurt out clearly not thinking and I see his face furrow, and he stands up walking towards me.

"Life's not fair, either do it or find a new job." He spits coldly to me, as he looks down at me.

I look up and stand up for myself, this man thinks he is going to talk to me like that and have me allow it.

"I'll do the work. No one said i wouldn't." I recall and he looks down at me blankly, and leaves his office.

I walk out and see him going into his penthouse, I roll my eyes annoyed not to mention the amount of sass this man has. Have I mentioned i hate him?

I walk over to the elevator, schedule in hand and I press the button waiting for the elevator until i hear a deep voice call for me.

"Wait, Evelyn." I hear Mr. Dillinger call out to me walking down his stairs swiftly.

"Yes?" I answer and watch him walk back to me.

"This is my office key, use this when i'm not here when I need a certain file and such, and someone will have you deliver it to me. Wherever i am." He demands and I nod in a daze, somehow in this situation I got very turned on which was not necessary because of this stubborn, obnoxious, rude, confusing man.

'Knock it off Evelyn' I slap myself in the face, not literally but in my mind and snap out of it.

"Yes." I say and he walks back to his office and by this time the elevator has now opened and I walk in dumbfounded.

I watch it drop floors slowly and it finally reaches the lobby and I walk out to the still empty lobby.

I start my car and drive back to my apartment stuck in traffic now, it's about 11:30am and i'm going back to my apartment to maybe run errands if i have any.

I'm driving to my apartment and i decide to use the faster way, which actually worked this time as there was less traffic there. I arrive to my apartment and get out my car, locking it as well.

I go into the building and take my phone and schedule upstairs, patiently I wait for the elevator to open for me and I step inside waiting for the door to shut.

I press floor 16, and it jolts up taking me to my floor. Once I arrive onto my floor I find my apartment and slide my key card in, once it opens i kick off my shoes and my phone begins to ring which results in one of my loud groans.

I grab my phone seeing 'Stella Davenport' calling me, i slide my phone and answer putting her on speaker so I can multi task by making my food.

"Hello?" I ask curiously to why she's calling me so early.

"Oh my, Evelyn. I thought you were dead you haven't texted me." She exclaims over the phone and i laugh slightly, continuing to make my food.

"Well, why don't you come over." I laugh and shake my head

"I will, what's new by the way?" Stella asks me and i laugh sarcastically.

"Oh, hear this. I got fired from the magazine editor slot, I applied at a different building. And now i'm working for a CEO of his own company in New York City, Im his assistant." I explain and I hear silence which turns into laughing.

"Shut up, I miss you and how you joke around." Stella remarks and I make a face.

"Um, i'm being honest. I'll show you the papers, and the key card!" I protect myself and she gets serious again.

"Oh you're serious, well... congratulations! Is he cute?" She exclaims loudly into the phone and I wince pulling the phone off my ear.

"Thanks. He is but he's too sharp and he's a gigantic asshole. I'm gonna go now, i just got another email and it's from my boss." I say and hang up walking towards my laptop.

I open it to see if it was an email from Mr. Dillinger, and oh yes, it was an email from him.