4] Something fishy

Depuis le début

I will surely dig into it. But right now, I had to go and meet Raghav to discuss and select candidates for the further round.

Raghav's POV

The interview round was very hectic. Currently, I was seated in my cabin with Vihaan selecting candidates for our next round.

His tone was very professional as if he was talking to some client and I was highly irritated. I mean, I know he's angry and somewhere it's my fault. But.. this is too much.

"Come on yaar Vihaan. Enough of this anger now." I told him.

"So, these 4 names I recommend from my side." He said again with that tone.

"You decide on yours and let me know" he got up ready to leave but I stopped him.

"This is more than enough now." I took a deep breath.

"Okay.. I am sorry"

You should feel lucky Raghav Malhotra is saying sorry to you

My mind screamed.

He glared at me "You better learn to control your anger Raghav."

"I will I will. Now let's finalize from my list too." I smiled at him "And then probably we can hit the bar."

He chuckled. "Only if you don't hook up with some girl there and leave me alone again."

I laughed "Sure! We'll have a night out then" I winked while he smiled.

After sometime we decided upon the names and I called my PA.

"Dhruv, here's the final list of the people selected."

He took the list and nodded.

"Make sure the confirmation mails are sent to them tomorrow and they should be called on Friday for the final round."

"Okay sir." He nodded and went away.

I turned to Vihaan who was busy thinking something deeply.

"Vihaan"

No response.

"Vihaan"

No response. Okay this is weird.

"Vihaan?" I called out a bit louder.

"Yeah? Sorry.. I got zoned out." He said.

"What's wrong?" I asked curiously as he never behaves this way.

"Nothing bro. Let's just leave. It's late." He smiled and got up.

"I'll bring my stuff from my cabin. You go and sit in the car." He said leaving my cabin.

I frowned at his behaviour.

Weird. Something is fishy. I need to find out and I will surely do that.

"You're still here?" I heard Vihaan and looked at the door.

"Yeah.. actually I was waiting for you" I lied.

"You're a bad lier." He laughed and I smiled too.

We walked together towards the car.

"You're not a very good one too." I told looking into his eyes while he gulped and looked everywhere except at me.

We sat in the car and I asked the driver to drive home.

"What's wrong Vihaan tell me." I assured him.

"Nothing. Actually I am so tired. Today was a very hectic day. Isn't it?"

"Are you sure that's all?" I asked, still not convinced with his behaviour.

"Yes Raghav. Stop worrying unnecessarily." He smiled and hit me on my head.

"Ouch!" I hit him back.

"If your driver sees, he'll know his boss is still a child" he whispered while I glared at him.

"You started" I accused him.

"You didn't stop either" he shot back.

We laughed together. How much ever old we become, we will still remain the college buddies.

Well, he felt he had successfully diverted my mind, but I still remember what's going on and I am surely not going to let this go so easily.

_______________________

Precap: "Yeah but Raghav Malhotra.. he's quite weird. Kind of a lusty person. Once he lays his eyes on a girl, he makes sure to get her in bed by hook or crook" She looked worried while Sharan too frowned.

God! I have such protective friends.

I really appreciate the response for my first story. Thank you so much for supporting!

Keep supporting. It motivates me to give quick updates.

Also, share my story to as many people as possible.