c h a p t e r 30.

Jiyeon~

Tomorrow's Christmas day, later is Christmas eve and everybody's busy.

My mother told me to go buy some groceries from Walmart- giving me a list with a few ingredients written down on it. Due to what she wrote, I'm making a guess that she's going to cook some type of soup.

I walked to the destination, since it's only a few minutes away from our house. It was one cold walk. The vapour coming out of my mouth whenever I breathe, really explains the insane temperature.

Ring*

... onion💘 is calling ...

I picked up my phone, since it's Felix.

"Merry Christmas!" I said to him, only realizing now that it's already Christmas there because of our different time zones.

"Merry Christmas eve to you," he laughed. "What are you doing right now?"

"Well, I'm grocery shopping in Walmart." I told him while trying to take something from the top shelf. Holy, I can't reach it-

"Here you go." Some guy took it and handed it to me. Woah... he's a goddess.

"T-thank you." I uttered, a bit starstruck.

"Who was that?" Felix viciously asked on the other end of the phone.

"Oh um... some guy helped me get something. He's so handsome." I said just to annoy him.

"Yah, Kang Jiyeon! You left me four days ago, and now you've already replaced me with a guy that you just met at Walmart? Unbelievable." I could hear the sarcasm in his voice.

"Oops, sorry" I giggled. I love talking about random sarcastic things with Felix. "Don't worry, no one can replace my onion."

"But don't onions make people cry?"

You made me cry before... "well, I love onion rings. How does that sound?"

"Good enough," he chuckled. "What are you having for dinner?"

"Not sure yet. What did you have?"

"I had a shrimp on a barbie!" He said with a thick Australian accent, which honestly never fails to make me happy. Even though I don't actually know what he's talking about, I pretend that I do. I bet he actually just ate Korean barbecue, since that's what everyone usually eats there.

"That's great!" I awkwardly laughed.

"Let's video call later?" His tone suddenly changed. "I really miss you."

"I miss you too," I suddenly took a deep breath before answering him. "Yeah, let's video chat. My parents are dying to see you."

"Alright, I'll prepare myself. Goodbye then?"

"Bye, onion."

______________________

Felix~

I fixed my hair and wore something nice. Sky's parents haven't seen me in more than a year, and I honestly want to look different- good enough for them to let me date their daughter.

"Does this look good?" I asked Changbin as he hanged out in my room.

"Anything looks good on you." He muttered. Geez Changbin- you don't have to make it seem so obvious that you like me. I can feel your love, deep down my heart.

"Okay then." I winked at him and he cringed.

... my sky🌥 wants to facetime you ...

I quickly picked it up.

"Hey!" I looked at her and she widely smiled. I miss her so much, and seeing her but not getting to hold her is actually very frustrating. She looks even more gorgeous today. I noticed that she put on some makeup and even wore a dress- well, that's new. She never wears dresses. "Are you wearing a dress?"

"I am- it feels super uncomfortable, but I don't want to hurt my mom's feelings. How about you? Who's shirt are you wearing?"

"I stole it from Chan hyung," I put up my index finger towards my lips, and told her to keep quiet. "Don't worry, I'll give it back though- and by the way, you look absolutely stunning."

______________________

Jiyeon~

"Mom, dad! It's Felix." I ran to the living room. We currently just finished having dinner- which I was right. It was soup. Tomorrow's meal is going to be so much better, no offense.

"Hello!" My parents waved at him and he waved back.

"Merry Christmas eve!" He said to them and they just chuckled. I could tell that they adore him very much.

"We should get a drink together once I visit there!" My dad told him and he just awkwardly laughed. Enough with the alcohol...

"Yes, I would love that!" Felix nodded. No you won't. I won't ever let you drink with my father... "I'll visit there with Skyler too, next time."

"Yes, that'd be great!" My mom elbowed me. Pfft, they seem to like Felix better than me. Well, my mon always wanted a son.

"Do you really like my daughter?" My dad asked. There he goes...

"Yes! I love her very much." He shyly said.

Felix...

I miss you so much.

_____________________

I had to babysit a whole bunch of kids yesterday and now I have school and I'm hella tired af smh

Song: Bruno Mars — Finesse