c h a p t e r 20.

Week 3, Day 7

Felix~

Today's the last day... well, the actual last day.

I hate to admit it, but I failed.

It's obvious that Sky's head over heals for Jennie, and it's also obvious that they both really like each other... so I guess I have no other choice but to move on.

But heck, where do I even start?

I knocked on the door to Sky's dorm room, and she quickly opened it. The smile on her face suddenly faded away. Am I that bad of a person?

"Today's the last day of the month. Today was supposed to be the last day..." I told her while looking down at the ground. I somehow feel sad that it's over...

"Great then, I won... but you broke so many rules. Did you forget about the consequences?"

"Oh yeah..."

"I have one last requests for you," she looked me straight in the eyes, and swallowed the lump forming inside her throat. "I don't want to be friends with you anymore."

"Huh? I'm so confused."

"Can you actually just leave me alone... forever."

"What the hell are you saying? This is so sudden, I don't understand-"

"Then do you want me to explain it to you?" She started tearing up and my heart started breaking allover again. "You wanted to continue this stupid game. I won and you lost, the loser gets consequences. My only consequence for you, is to leave me alone. Yes, you've been so nice to me, and I definitely appreciate everything you've done for me- but that's exactly it... I just want you to stop being like that."

"Why? Does it make you feel uncomfortable? I'm sorry if I changed- but I'll try harder to change for the better, I promise."

"No, It's me who changed. I want you to stop liking me, because I don't want to hurt you anymore- I never wanted to hurt you in the first place. You're so important to me, Felix... and sometimes you just have to let go of what's most important to you."

_____________________

Felix~

I felt like I was stabbed with a knife.

The wound is fresh, and the pain has not yet simmer down. It's hell.

I lied down in my bed, not sure of what else to do. I just lost my best friend, the girl that I love.

Why am I always so unlucky? The weight on my shoulders is so heavy- too heavy. It seems like there's an anchor dragging me down like I always feel hopeless.

If I fall asleep and wake up the next day, would everything become better?

This pain inside is slowly killing me.

_____________________

Jiyeon~

Letting Felix go, was like letting go a piece of me.

I knew him ever since we were kids, and he was the person who lead and taught me of myself. He's a piece in my whole being- he was the one who shaped me.

It was a hard decision, but it'll be the best for both of us.

I don't want to love you anymore, Lee Felix.

That's why I'm letting you go.

______________________

Felix~

"Are you walking with us?" Jisung asked me, while I blankly stared at the wall.

"Huh? Oh, no- you guys can go ahead of me." I told them, and they nodded before leaving the dorm.

Long before I dated Jennie, I would always wait for Sky nearby the convenience store downstairs. When we're early, we usually would buy something like juice or ice cream, just to kill time before going to school.

I took my backpack and waited at the place where Sky and I would often rendezvous. Hoping that she would come, I waited.

I waited patiently.

For nothing.

_____________________

THIS CHAPTER IS SO DRAMATIC EWW SORRY GUYS ILL POST ANOTHER CHAPTER TODAY BC THIS ONE IS SO BAD OML

Song: Jason Chen — Best Friend (Acoustic Ver.)
(IM CRYING THIS SONG IS SO PERFECT FOR THIS STORY/CHAPTER)