Epilogue - Jolene finds out about her sister

~~~ Jolene finds out about her sisterand her husband

Jolene walked into her apartment and dropped her bags next to the door. Before anything else she wanted a hot shower, a long hot bath, and some real food. She loved being a wildlife photographer and loved being out in nature, but she did miss some things. Somethings like hot water, real food, and other amenities of civilization.

She had just gotten back from an extended trip into the jungles of Borneo and couldn't wait to call her sister. Even though they led totally different lives they had always been close. She might even go and visit with her and see her niece and nephew. It had been a couple of years and she knew they had to be getting taller. As she was walking into her bedroom the more she thought about it the more she liked the idea.

After changing into some clean lounging clothes and her silk robe, she strolled into the bathroom. When she had walked past her home phone she had noticed the flashing message light but ignored it. There wasn't anything much more important than a shower and then a long soak in a bath. Her skin felt dry and a good soak with some oils in the water would be perfect. Tomorrow she would probably go to a salon and get a good skin treatment.

Jolene settled in the tub after her shower and let her body relax. She had her head leaned back and turned the jets on. The bubbles felt so good against her skin. Tonight, she was going to sleep like a log and tomorrow would be enough time to look at the messages and stack of mail she was sure to have. Thankfully one of her friends had been collecting anything important and she had noticed a large stack on her table.

Eventually she slipped out of the bath and toweled off before working some lotion into her skin. One drawback to her job was a lack of a boyfriend. She wished she had someone there to work the lotion into her back. Something else would be nice as well but she would deal with the urge later. For now, some food and her bed were calling her name.

After she flipped through her stack of takeout menus she settled on Thai for the evening. Jolene called and placed her order before grabbing some bottled water from her fridge. There was a bottle of wine, but she rarely drank and only for special occasions. Coming back from a successful trip wasn't her idea of a special occasion. When she settled down at her table she looked at the stack of mail and decided to at least look.

It could wait but she wasn't in the mood for watching something or even listening to music. She just wasn't in the mood for it, so this would do until the food arrived. As Jolene was sorting through the mail she came across and official looking letter from her lawyer. With a frown she opened it and started reading through it. Before she had finished the letter fell from her fingers and she started crying.

The letter was informing her sister and brother in law had died in a wreck. It requested she contact him as soon as possible to deal with the estate. It also informed her Zane and Olivia had been sent to live with their Uncle since she wasn't able to be contacted. There was more but for the moment all she could do was cry.

Eventually she fumbled for her cell and looked up Mike's number and called him. She had to go out and see the two as soon as possible. When the phone was answered she was surprised to hear a female's voice, "I need to talk to Mike please. Tell him Jolene is calling."

~~~ Jolene tries to call Mike

Annie glanced at the clock when a forwarded call from Mike's cell showed and wondered what it was about. It was very early in the morning and Mike was gone for the moment. He had been sent to talk to another pack about a rogue issue, "Morning, how can I help you?" She listened to the woman on the other end and wondered who it was, "Mike isn't available now. Can I help you? I'm Annie, his girlfriend." They hadn't gotten around to filing a marriage certificate yet.