Chapter 6- Sorry for running Olivia

~~~ Zane helps Olivia

Zane quickly stood and stepped away from Melody. He had given too much away. After giving his fur a good shake, he woofed at her and trotted away heading back towards the house. Why he had so easily given up the information Zane wasn't sure, but it scared him badly. It was why he ran away so quickly. He was going to have to work on it and keep it from happening again.

Once back at Mike's house he quickly changed and dressed before going to his room. Once there he took a moment to ensure he had everything ready for the next day,

He changed to sleep shorts and crashed. He didn't sleep well during the night, but he hadn't expected to; he hadn't slept well since coming out of his coma. By the time he woke Zane was most definitely feeling grumpy. Even after a good shower he was still out of sorts.

For the day he went with clothing similar to what he had worn the day before. Dark pants, boots, and dark shirt. Once he was done getting dressed he grabbed his backpack and headed downstairs. Breakfast was already served so he settled down and started eating. Right now, he wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. Once done Zane stood and carefully watched his sister. It looked like she was still in some pain, "I will carry your pack Liv and no arguments."

She sighed and made a face at her brother before agreeing, "Thanks Zane." Liv wasn't happy about the idea but frankly she could use the help. Even with the meds and the massage last night her leg was aching. When the doctor saw her later she hoped she would have some good news for her. It had been several weeks since the two of them had been released from the hospital and her healing should be good enough.

Instead of saying anything he settled for grabbing her bag and carried it out to the bus stop. Liv slowly walked next to him and thankfully her light meds had kicked in and started working. She hated to say she had started to get used to the pain but to an extent she had. Most of the time Liv was in low grade pain and managed to ignore it for the most part. Once at the stop she greeted one of her new friends and they stood slightly off to the side talking quietly.

Zane nodded to one or two people he had somewhat come to know but otherwise didn't get involved in a conversation. He had a feeling the Luna had talked to many of them since they were giving him some space. Zane had watched how many of the other kids acted, and even with the dominance starting to show with the older kids, they tended to be rather touchy feely. It wasn't in a bad way, but they tended to brush against the other pack members, trade hugs, and even lean against each other. Even though he was changed it still seemed strange to him.

Thankfully his wolf wasn't trying to force him to do the same other than with one or two people. Melody was one which his wolf was very comfortable with. Damien was another though in his case it was because he was to be the next alpha someday. In a way Zane almost wished he could relax enough to trade even a shoulder bump. Even before he had been changed, physical contact wasn't something he had been comfortable with. Part of it was because he was growing and trying to figure out the changes.

When Melody came over and stood next to him he politely greeted her. After a great deal of thought he had decided to pretend last night never happened, "Morning, ready for another fascinating day at school?" His voice indicated he wasn't looking forward to it.

She couldn't help but smirk at him, "Most definitely ready for another fascinating day at school, we get to expand our brains, learn new words, and other fascinating stuff." Now she was teasing him somewhat. Melody could feel his slight retreat from how he had been last night, but she was going to ignore it. Come hell or high water she was going to help him open up. Something Melody had considered was getting one or two of her other friends involved over a period of time.