Chapter 17 - Pretrial hearing

~~~ Zane takes Tessa home after themeeting

Eventually the meeting was over, and Zane was glad. He could tell Tessa was upset and pleased. Almost across the board the senior wolves, young or old, had not been pleased. Some had known but others hadn't known other than what rumor had said. Zane could tell the Alpha and Luna was forced to apply their powers to calm the pack. At the table next to him Zane saw Damien and one of his friends comforting Damien's junior wolves.

When Damien met Zane's eyes there was an approving look to his eyes. Zane gave him a good nod before turning his eyes back to Tessa, *You will be fine Tessa, feel the pack demanding satisfaction? This is for you and Oscar. He was impacted as well, and they know this. We will protect you and we value you.*

Tessa had to shiver at the reaction from the pack since it was so angry. She also almost glowed as well since she knew it was for her and her twin. Tessa and Oscar knew the pack cared but being so junior sometimes it was almost a generic caring. From Zane and his group, she knew they did care but it was still new to her and Oscar even as it was to Zane, *Thank you everyone.* Tessa's mental voice was grateful for the pack's reaction.

Oscar moved over and leaned against Zane and was very pleased when Zane wrapped an arm around him. He could feel the reaction from the pack and especially from Zane. Oscar knew Zane would protect them. When he had asked Damien to come and take care of them at school showed it. Much as with Tessa he was feeling the impact from the pack and their almost unilateral support for the two of them. Oscar didn't say anything and simply settled for enjoying the feelings from the pack.

Zane lifted his head and looked around the pack. Most of the adults didn't move but several the kids did. He still had trouble thinking pups instead of kids. They had almost silently settled near Zane and the two junior wolves. He could feel their anger and desire to help take care of the junior wolves. Zane had to close his eyes. Damn it this was impacting on his walls again and it scared him. When he finally opened his eyes he sent to everyone, *Thank you for your support and reactions to what happened. Please do as our Alpha and Luna have asked and let our families deal with this. Protect those junior to you from bullies and nothing else. Protect Pack and don't go for revenge.* If something happened to any of the lackeys of David's Zane would feel bad.

He lowered his eyes back to Tessa's head. *Uncle Mike can we please go home? I can't deal with this right now. I'm starting to get scared again and need some space.* Zane could tell the pack also wanted to protect him and Olivia as well. Thankfully more Olivia than him or he would have wanted to claw his way out of the room.

Mike glanced at the Alpha, *We are going to leave.* He was going to protect Zane's reaction since it wasn't what the boy needed, *Tessa and Oscar are starting to get overwhelmed by all the feelings.* He knew the Alpha and especially the Luna would understand.

Esther gave the pack a very proud smile, "Thank you for wanting to protect pack members. As Zane asked, resist the urge to get revenge. I know we are wolves and to our other half protection means removing the problem but don't. Kadrian and I are dealing with this and if we need, we will call on some of you for help. I'm sending Beta Mike and the others back to his house. The protective urges are appreciated but for the junior wolves probably somewhat overwhelming. For those who wish please remain and relax since there is plenty of food left and drinks as well."

Zane stood up after helping Tessa to stand, *We will see you, Oscar, and Olivia, back at the house uncle.* He had already received permission for the sleep over and all the parents had approved. Somehow Mindy had been included though Zane wasn't sure how it'd happened. For tonight he didn't care since he did need to talk to her and his group.