Chapter 16 - DA sends out his decision

~~~ The following week

The rest of the week had been rough since Zane and the other two had been continuing the rotation through the pack work. After working in the laundry Zane had ended up working at the farm before moving to the house again and helping with cleaning and cooking. Melody and Rico had done much the same and thankfully Saturday afternoon they had been released. For the other two it had been nice but for Zane he had the continuing education about what it meant to be a wolf.

The Enforcer training had been interesting but also exhausting. At the end of the last few days Zane had barely been able to crawl into bed before collapsing and falling asleep. It didn't help each morning he had awoken with the scent of Tessa on his body. Zane knew she had been massaging the oil on his back and neck, but it still bothered him. She was cute, and he was starting to sense she had a crush on him. It wasn't something he'd mentioned or talked about with anyone.

Later Saturday Zane had made his way to Olivia's room and settled down in a chair. He leaned back and did his best to try and relax. In the end he was forced to groan, "Mike hates me I think. I have been forced to crawl into bed the last few nights. Even when I wake up I'm so sore it isn't funny. Darn it to heck but I thought being a wolf meant I shouldn't be so sore and tired." Zane was so pleased Olivia had been released and was back home.

What had been rather annoying to Zane as well was the packing had been done in-between everything else which had been going on. Thankfully a good portion of it had been done by Tessa, Oscar, and their parents. Zane still had to do his share of the work such as pulling furniture apart like the beds. He also was helping to carry the boxes down and stacking them in the living room. It was one of the reasons when Zane collapsed in bed he passed out almost immediately. Thankfully there wasn't a great deal since Mike had indicated he'd just recently moved into the first house.

Olivia gave Zane a sympathetic look, "I have seen just how worn you have been. Tessa has been telling me how hard you have been sleeping." She had a feeling if she teased Zane about Tessa he wouldn't react well, so she left it there, "At least you have today off. Maybe you can go and relax today and give your body time to recover."

Zane blushed faintly when she mentioned Tessa and he was glad Olivia didn't say anything else, "Thank goodness I do have today off. I was wondering if you wanted to come and relax outside and we can have a small picnic." Since he really hadn't seen much of her with all the work he had been doing Zane wanted some time with her. Time to talk and just know she was doing better. He knew she was, but it would help, "It is supposed to be reasonably warm today, so you shouldn't worry about getting cold."

She gave him a really warm smile for the suggestion, "That sounds lovely though I'm going to need a chair and footrest." Olivia's leg wasn't hurting as bad as it had been, it was hurting about what it had been before she had gone into the hospital. Since she still had a way to go, Olivia could only hope it indicated when she was fully healed she would be almost normal, "Give me a hand getting up since I want to go to the living room."

Zane stood and after helping her stand gave her a good hug though he was careful not to squeeze to hard. He knew for a fact he was getting stronger and he didn't want to hurt her, "Sounds like a deal to me sis." He held her arm while she picked up her crutches. Zane knew she would mutter if he did anything else. Once she was up he opened the door to her room and watched her work her way out.

Both Zane and his wolf could tell she really was doing better. She was taking pain meds, but Olivia simply didn't smell like she was in nearly as much pain. There were still scents of pain and suffering, but not nearly as much. He was so pleased it wasn't funny. What was almost more amusing being Olivia had a small pouch for the kitten. The silly thing was almost attached to Olivia at the hip. It was okay with Tessa and Oscar, less so with Zane and wouldn't have anything to do with the others. Zane hadn't asked about it, but he figured it was due to their dominance. The more dominant you were the stronger your scent.