Chapter 8- I have servants?

~~~ Zane meets the twins

By the end of school Zane was still worked up. Those two dickheads had seriously annoyed him. It wasn't what they had said about him since they didn't matter to him. It was what they had been saying about the twins. Both had been quiet at lunch and were somewhat more petite than the others. They were also rather quiet which his wolf had indicated was normal for such junior wolves when confronted with more dominant wolves. It still sounded strange to him but pulling them away from the two had felt right. Even now he wanted to break David's face in half for what he had been saying to the two.

Before they left the lunch room he had their locker numbers and had told them to find him once school was out. For some reason it helped calm his wolf for the moment. When he finally reached his locker at the end of the day the two arrived shortly after he closed it, "Afternoon." He made a face, "I'm sorry, but I meant to get your names earlier and forgot." Now Zane felt stupid.

Both looked up at him and then looked somewhat down. In this case the boy spoke, "I'm Oscar, and this is my sister Tessa. Thank you for earlier." Most of the more dominant wolf pups tended to keep an eye on them but some didn't care.

"Nice to meet you and I think I introduced myself but I'm Zane and you might have seen my sister Olivia." Zane slung the pack over his shoulder as they were talking. About then Melody walked up, and he gave her a bare smile, "Thank goodness school is over. I'm so ready to get to training and work some energy off."

Melody snorted at him, "Try not to break anything Zane. I would hate to have you annoy your Uncle." She gave him a knowing look. His protecting the two was a good sign that he wasn't totally blocked off from either his wolf or what his wolf felt.

Zane settled for simply walking away from the locker and loftily ignored her, "I will resist the urge to imagine David's face on some of the training dummies." Since David was nearby he felt it only right to say that. As of now David was his enemy and he was going to be keeping a very close eye on him.

Melody snorted at him and rolled her eyes for good measure, "Zane... Sheesh, boys will be boys I guess." Just for good measure she deliberately bumped him with her shoulder, "It will be good for you to get back into training. Helps to keep the urge to tromp on things under control." Part of the reason most wolves went through the training was to teach them control. It wasn't just about fighting and protecting the pack though that was a good portion of it.

Zane smirked at her, "Yup and proud of it!" When she bumped him, he bumped back and grinned when she grumbled at him. The twins were being relatively quiet though Rico was talking to them. Once they settled on the bus he turned and looked at the two, "Let me give you my number. This way if you need anything you can call me." He gave them his number though he had to lift an eyebrow at the phones. They were some of the most basic available. Yes, they were smart phones, could you get a phone which wasn't, but appeared to be older and basic. He also made sure to get their numbers as well.

Both looked down slightly before getting the number from him, "Thank you Zane." They could feel his dominance and it felt good to know a wolf was taking interest in taking care of them. Tessa seemed to do most of the talking.

"Don't worry about it. Ass-wipes like them make my knuckles ache. I have been there and won't stand to see it happen to others." Now they were away from the school he was calming down and was starting to wonder why he had done it. It confused him. It wasn't anything against the two, but his reaction was odd for him. He was going to probably need to talk to Mike about it later. Now he was just feeling somewhat confused. Zane was still pissed off but not nearly as much.