Chapter 22 - Contempt of court and decisions

~~~ Contempt of court for the two'sparents

When the Walpert's and Baker's stood and started screaming at the judge Zane had to stare at them. How stupid could they be? Even at his age he knew it was a really bad idea to do that. Based on what he was getting via the pack bonds from the adults they were finding it rather funny. He had to pause for a short time before he realized why. All they were doing was making it look even worse for them.

Before he had a chance to think more about it the judge tapped her gavel several times, "Order in the court. If you do not settle down this instant, you will be held in contempt of court." She banged her gavel several more times as their lawyer tried to calm them down.

Mrs. Walpert glared at Mr. Lawless, "The charges are crap! My son is a good boy and would never do what they are accused of. It's that boy and his group of friends who are out to get my son. I want the damn charges dropped and those put in jail!" Her voice had raised until it was nothing but a screech.

Mr. Baker was doing much the same much to the amusement of the wolves, "I agree, Leon is a good boy and is doing well in school. Why would he attack that girl? He has a girlfriend and wouldn't have any reason to do what is being said about him. This is causing him problems with school and his reputation has been damaged!"

When Zane heard Leon's father mention his having a girlfriend, he barely managed not to die laughing, *And a boyfriend as well, right Tessa?* He aimed the thought at her since he had felt her start to draw back. It was his way of helping her not to be hurt.

Tessa had started to withdraw into herself when Zane contacted her. His comment made her giggle very slightly before she managed to control it, *Very true Zane and thanks.* She was holding his hand under the table and gave it a good squeeze.

Mike was quietly murmuring to Abby to keep her from doing or saying anything. She was still pretty worked up by what had happened. If anyone was going to react to what Mr. Baker had to say she would be the one. Brandon was doing much the same from the other side as well. The rest of the table were trying to look serious, but it was hard. Small smirks and grins kept breaking out only to be wiped off their face then come back.

When the Walpert's and Baker's refused to listen to the judge she banged the gavel again. "Bailiff's detain the parents for contempt of court. Detain their children as well until I have this sorted out." Several deputies came out and it almost turned into a brawl as they detained the six.

The parents were not obeying orders and more officers ended up in the courtroom. When all was said and done all six were in handcuffs. Zane mentally grumbled because the two boys hadn't resisted unlike their parents. He had to look at Mike and was at a loss on what to say. Watching adults act that way shocked him. His parents had trained him well to be a good kid and respect authority. Being a wolf only reinforced what he'd been taught.

Mike raised an eyebrow at Zane and shook his head, *Later Zane, we will talk about it. It was rather amusing watching the wicked witch taken down though.* Mrs. Walpert wasn't looking nearly as faux elegant as she had been. Her hair was a mess, her blouse had partially come untucked, her makeup was smeared.

The judge banged her gavel one last time, "Additional charges will be added to the contempt of court after review by the District Attorney. As of now you are going to be placed in a cell for contempt of court. David Walpert and Leon Baker will be sent to Juvenile Detention until family services can find a location for them. Depending on what charges are made they might be remanded to Juvenile Detention pending trial. Court is adjourned."