Chapter 19 - Mike finds his mate

~~~ Check on the network and sensors

The tech from the Develos pack had shown up late the night before. As soon as he had arrived he had been shown to Mike's office, "Come in and have a seat please. Due to the time unless there is something urgent being reported start the work in the morning. Mostly we are worried about a couple of human children getting stupid and getting killed. Did Josh inform you of what is going on and why?"

Tech Jason met Beta Mike's eyes before lowering his, "He did to an extent, or his lead enforcer told me what he could. I have been on the road since I was dispatched to come and do a security check on all your systems and sensors. I'm sure I have an update waiting for when I log in but if it wouldn't be a problem tell me what you can." Having Josh tell him one thing was different than the client. Sometimes Josh had a better idea and other times the client did.

Mike leaned forward and rested his arms on his desk, "Long story short, two human brats decided it was a good idea to push around a junior she-wolf pup. My nephew took exception to this since she and her twin recently became members of his team. When they found an opportunity to push the young wolf around the only thing which saved the two was the quick thinking of one of his team members. My nephew has already stated if they get close to the she-wolf again he will kill them. We would rather like to keep it from getting this far."

Jason's expression didn't change since it was a very valid reason for a security check. If the humans got to close they would die and all kinds of awkward questions would be asked, "Thank you for the information Beta Mike and I'm sure Beta Josh has already saved a diagnostic report to the system. I will check on the stats and presuming nothing major is at fault I will touch base with you in the morning." He started to stand when Mike waved him to sit back down.

"One last thing, once you report to me if there is anything which is going to require inspection or even replacement make sure I know. Unless it is a major security issue I think it would be a good idea for my nephew to help with the heavy work. Maybe his future second as well. Check with Josh to see if this would be acceptable. If he would prefer not, tell me. I'm simply trying to keep the pups busy and worn out."

The other wolf did smile at Mike though he was going to have to talk to Josh, "I understand, and I will talk to Josh since it could impact on the treaty for services. I will talk to you in the morning Beta." Jason stood and left the office and was shown to his room.

Once Jason was shown into his room he connected his laptop to the systems and logged into the local security server. While it was calling up the logs and diagnostic data he pulled out his cell and placed a call to Josh. He needed to check in and pass on the request from Beta Mike.

~~~ Olivia heads to school

The next morning Zane discovered their training had been altered. Now they were going to school in the morning, since it was set up, and enforcer training in the afternoon. Depending on how things went they were still going to be doing chores but not like they had been since the fight at the mall. He was glad but for some reason it almost felt like the pack work they had been doing was just waiting to catch them when they were the most tired.

When Zane walked down to breakfast he found Tessa and gave her a good hug and a quick kiss before sitting down. Once he had settled down in his usual chair and yawned as a cup of coffee was put in front of him, "Thanks Tessa, breakfast smells good." It smelled like there was some ham instead of sausage and most definitely pancakes and bacon, "I can't help but wonder how much bacon the pack goes through on a weekly basis. There is some very rich farmer out there somewhere." Zane smiled as Oscar made sure Olivia was comfortable.