"As in Kylie Hale? My cousin?" he asked me.

I nodded and then I sat down next to him and then pulled him in a hug. I kissed his forehead and at that moment I could feel all his emotions. He was scared and happy when I told him my name.

"Okay, who are they?" he asked me then.

"Oh, we're the guys keeping you out of jail," Stiles said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and then I looked back to my new looking like Beta.

"Let us help you," Scott told Derek.

"No. I only trust Kylie. She's the only one who can help me. I will trust you two if she tells me to. Only then I will trust you." Derek told us clearly.

I looked into my cousin's eyes who was aged down and put one of my arms on his shoulder.

"You almost tore apart two cops back there. You need to listen to us. And that starts with no fangs, no claws, no wolfman. You got that?" Stiles told Derek.

"I'm fine as long as it's not on a full moon," he told me.

"You still have trouble with the full moon?" Scott asked Derek surprised.

"I said I'm fine!" Derek yelled at Scott.

"All right, you coming with us or not?" Stiles asked Derek.

"You want me to trust you? Where's the rest of our family?" he asked me.

It was looking like I was the only in whom Derek had put trust.

"There was a fire, and... They're not here anymore. They're fine. Just had to move out of Beacon Hills. And we're going to take you to them as soon as we figure out how to get your memories back." Scott lied to Derek.

I knew that we didn't have to lie to him, but it was the right thing to do for protecting his mental health. His eyes started filling with tears. One of them dropped on my hand. When I looked in his eyes and I saw tears, I knew that I had to do something. To say something.

"You can trust them! I trust them and I trust you too! After we figure out how to get your memories back, we will go back to our family. We will all be like we were before. You, me, d-dad, aunt Talia, Cora, Laura... All of us will be the same. The only change will be our home." I said.

He put his head on my shoulder and I pulled him in a hug. I kissed his forehead again and then wiped the tears. I didn't know if the tears were because of happiness or because of sadness, but I knew one thing for sure... I looked into his eyes and memories from my childhood started coming back. Derek was like a brother to me when I was a kid and at that moment I realized that I was looking at the version that I was still in my mind of my older cousin/brother.

~

I was with Derek signing some paperwork to get him out of there when I heard the boys talking.

"Okay. I shouldn't have done that. I lied my ass off."

"Hey, your ass is fine. You saved him a ton of unnecessary pain. We'll figure this out in a day or two, he goes back to being old Derek, everyone's happy. Except for Derek, who's never happy."

"It's just another person that we're lying to. I always feel like it's always been better when we tell the truth. With Lydia, Kylie, my mom, your dad."

"Yeah, but that is Derek Hale in there. He may be a kid right now, but he's still Derek Hale."

"All right. Take him to my house and don't let him out of your sight."