chapter 24

As Bluemoon entered the hollow Seasonleaf ran into him.
"Bluemoon!" The golden she-cat shouted. Bluemoon turnes his gaze to her. "What?" He asked shortly. Seasonleaf breathed and looked at Bluemoon with a hint of dissapointment in her eyes.
"Shadowclaw told me" Seasonleaf explained. Bluemoon unsheated his claws and clawed the ground.
"She did? Well she also told me about you" Bluemoon growled. Seasonleaf opened her eyes and then glared at him. "Would you tell?" She asked. Bluemoon thought for a heartbeat. If i told, what would Shadowclaw think of me?!
"No, i wont" he promised. Seasonleaf nodded and smirked.
"Pheonixfeather and Spotfoot meets everynight, including today" she informes. Spotfoot? He must have gotten his warrior name. "And?" Bluemoon asked. "I've set Pheonixfeather on a job so hard she has to use ALL night sleep" Seasonleaf mewed with her whiskers twitching. Bluemoon let out a mrrow of amusement.

"And what so you want me to do?" Bluemoon asked and flicked his ear. Seasonleaf leaned closer. "Spotfoot will be waiting all alone. So this will be your time to strike!" Seasonleaf whispered. Bluemoon understood and smirked. A final end to this teachery.
A mew woke Bluemoon feom his thought.

"Bluemoon?" Bluemoon flicked around and saw oakpaw standing there. "Yes?" Bluemoon asked and signaled his tail to Seasonleaf, so she could pad away. "I need some, advice" Oakpaw admitted. Bluemoon looked at the little Apprentice. "What kind of advice?" Bluemoon asked. Oakpaw shrugged.

"Well, I've seen you and Shadowclaw pretty close so i wondered if you could give me any advice on... getting a mate?" Oakpaw asked. Bluemoon's pelt stood on an end. "We..i mean.. Shadowclaw and i... we arent mates!" Bluemoon exclained. Oakpaw lifted his head.

"I couldnt have gotten a good night rest if you werent mooning over Shadowclaw" Oakpaw teased. Bluemoon felt his fur growing hot. Bluemoon heard Seasonleaf snort.
"Well... look" Bluemoon mewed to Oakpaw. Oakpaw rested his gaze on Bluemoon.
"Pheonixfeather will love you soon, just wait" Bluemoon promised. He glanced back at Seasonleaf, and the golden she-cat nodded.
"Okay?" Oakpaw Mewed with a hint of curiosity in his mew. He flicked around and headed to the Apprentices den.
Bluemoon flicked around to Seasonleaf.

"Where do they meet?" Bluemoon asked. Seasonleaf thought for a heartbeat. "They meet by the border" she mewed. Bluemoon dipped his head as thank you. Shadowclaw, will you finally love me now?

Bluemoon dashed away from the fresh kill pile and raced the the camps exit. He had offered to stand guard in the territory with Crow-wind, Firefeather, Flamewing and Melodypaw.
As his legs started trembleling with fear, he padded out of the tunnel. He padded into the forest and looked around. Im coming for you Spotfoot. And Shadowclaw will finally love me! Bluemoon raced towards the border, he stopped as he smelled an uknown scent. That must be Spotfoot!

Bluemoon jumped into a bush of bracken to hide his scent. A sleek tortoiseshell tom padded closer.
"Didnt i just hear a cat?" Spotfoot asked himself. A cat who's talking to himself. Pheonixfeather has a weird taste. Spotfoot turned his back to Bluemoon. Bluemoon eyes gleamed with amusement. Stupid cat.

Bluemoon crouched down then leaped up in the air. Spotfoot noticed him but not quick enough to move. Bluemoon landed on Spotfoot's back and clawed his claws down his shoulders.
"Get off!" Spotfoot shrieked. Bluemoon ignored him. He opened his mouth and bit down Spotfoot's neck. Suddenly the tortoiseshell tom stopped struggleling. His body became lithe and he fell to the ground. As Spotfoot hit the ground, Bluemoon landed on his four paws. Weak Leafclan cat!

"I heard a shriek!" A cat yowled. Bluemoon regonized Melodypaw. Bluemoon froze as the patrol of the four cats crept out of a gorse bush.
"Is that... Spotpaw?" Firefeather asked with a hint of horro in her tone. Bluemoon licked the blood away from his jaws and nodded.
"I spotted him on our side of the territory and told him to go away. He didnt answer and attacked me. He struggled and i ancidently hit his neck" Bluemoon lied. He looked back at Spotfoot's dead body. Blood pouring out of his wounds creating a puddle of blood.

"Tresspassing doesnt mean killing" Crow-wind hoarse voice sounded. Bluemoon growled at the she-cat.
"He struggled so i hit his neck. How can you blame me?" Bluemoon asked and flicked his tail in annoyence. Firefeather and Flamewing exchamged glances, Melodypaw hid behind Crow-wind. Crow-wind raised her chin and spoke.

"No one can blame you for doing the right. He tresspassed. That was his choice" Crow-wind mewed. They fell for it! Bluemoon thought with a smirk.
"Lets get these news to Energystar" Flamewing mewed from his sister. Bluemoon nodded and padded to the camp.

Bluemoon padded into the camp and looked around. Warriors stood in the clearing panting and fighting for air. Bluemoon stepped forward.
"What happened?" He demanded. Thruswing took a step forward.
"Some strange twoleg monsters attacked the forest. They ripped some of the trees near Moonclan border, up from the ground" he explained. Bluemoon opened his eyes.
"Ripped up?" Bluemoon repeated. Thrushwing nodded.
Crow-wind took a pace forward.

"Thats why we went after you"she explained. Bluemoon nodded in understandment. As he looked around again, he spotted no white pelt. Where's Shadowclaw?! Bluemoon quickly turned to Thrushwing again.
"Where's Shadowclaw!?" He shrieked. Thrushwing clawed the ground in agony and fear.

"Not only did the twolegs destroy a part of our forest. They took a cat asweel" he mewed. Bluemoon stiffened with anger.
"They... they took... her?" Bluemoon mewed. Thrushwing closed his eyes and nodded.
"She saved Leappaw. The clan will mourn for her" he mewed. Bluemoon glared at his previus mentor. She's not dead?
"Shadowclaw is not dead, we cant mourn for her! We need to send a search party!" Bluemoon exclained.
"Bluemoon!" Bluemoon took a pace back. A flame colored cat stood on the high rock. Energystar!?

Bluemoon glared at his leader.
"We cant go after Shadowclaw" Energystar mewed polite. Bluemoon felt a sudden rage to take all her nine lives.
"Why not! She is your own daughter for starclan's sake!" Bluemoon spat. Energystar looked down at the young warrior.
"I cant lose any more warriors" Energystar mewed. Bluemoon flexed his claws in the ground.

"But she's..." Bluemoon couldnt think of anything to argue about. As always Energystar was right. The deputy Clawfoot sat beside the flame colored she-cat. Lashing his tail.

"I have taken a patrol to patrol the other borders. Seems as Leafclan's territory is being ripped apart asweel" Clawfoot announced. Bluemoon heard amounts of shock and surprise shadder through the clan. Energystar dipped her head and closed her eyes.

"Shadowclaw is not the only one who got taken away. Skyheart and Dustheart also got taken away" Bluemoon saw pain in the leaders eyes as she mentioned her past mate's name. Wait, Skyheart? Father!
"No! Not Skyheart!" Bluemoon shouted. Energystar and Clawfoot enchanged glances. Bluemoon noticed Berrykit and Nightkit stumpling over to him.

"Its okay. We can spend time with you if you want" Berrykit offered. Bluemoon tried to shake the feeling of grief and dispice away, but it hang on him. Shadowclaw... he wished it had been him who had been taken away, now Shadowclaw would never even see his grey fur again. Starclan why!!?