chapter 14

Shadowpaw followed Deathcloud out to the abonded two-leg nest.
"Hopefully Energystar will come here and pick you up" he mewed and walked over to the entrence. Shadowpaw leaped onto it, but slipped and landed on her back.
"It didnt work" she mewed and looked at deathcloud, who looked like he was enjoying himself. She stood up on her paws and tried again, but fell down. Deathcloud jumped down besides her. She tried again, this time Deathcloud pushed too. She was finally inside the nest, and it was exactly like she left it.
"Just lay in that nest over there" he mewed and pointed his tail at the nest where Energystar layed in. Shadowpaw growled but obeyed. She placed her paws on the soft moss, and let her paws slip away under her. She closed her eyes, emagening herself back in the forest. Until something landed infront of her. She opened her eyes, to see deathcloud have dropped a thrush infront of her.
"Eat up" he mewed and walked away. She stared at the dead thrush, looking if he had done something. She then began pushing the thrush back and forward to cheek it.
"If you have forgotten how to eat, this is how you do it. you must open your mouth and bit down in the peice of prey and then..." Deathcloud mewed sarcastic. Shadowpaw hissed at him.
"I know how to eat, mouse brain !" She snapped. Deathcloud's whiskers twitched in a mrrow of amusement. She took a deep bite of the thrush, and looked at Deathcloud to show him she could eat. He walked over to her with herbs in his mouth.
"What are those for?" She demanded and took her injured leg back. He putted the herbs down and looked at Shadowpaw.
"For your leg. You dont want it to get an infection now do you?" He asked. Shadowpaw removed her gaze away from him. She could feel something on her leg. She looked back at her leg. seeing Deathcloud treating it with marigold, and cobweb besides him. She glared at him.
"What? If i would want to hurt you dont you think i would have done it?" He asked. Shadowpaw didnt answer. Her green eyes blazing with anger and annoyence. When he had finished with marigold, he putted cobweb on.
"Its been a while dont you think?" He mewed and looked out. It was in the middle of the day, and Energystar havent returned.
"I suggest you go to rest. I promise when you wake up, Energystar will be here" he mewed and walked over to another nest.
The sun had gone a little farther, and Deathcloud was fast asleep. Shadowpaw looked around. Her leg felt better now. She jumped out of the nest, she wanted to go home. A shape of a familier cat was wissable.
"Mapleshade! Its great to see a familier face again" she mewed and walked over to her. She lifted her tail and pointed in a direction.
"Go home to your clan, now!" she mewed and began fadding. Shadowpaw nooded and began running. She ran through all the dry tall grass, and headed for where mapleshade had pointed with her tail. Until she felt something on her paws. She felt down on the hard dusty ground, and looked around. Seeing she had stumpled over a root.
"Stupid injury" she snapped and looked at her leg. She couldnt wait to get back home. Eating with her sister and seasonpaw. Running through the forest with bluemoon, sharing tounges with....mom! Shadowpaw remebered that she couldnt leave without the clan leader, what was she thinking.
Something pushed her off her paws. Alot of weight had landed up top on her. She looked up, seeing the horror. Its that badger again! Wow and i thought bigstorm was ugly, but this badger is even uglyer. Shadowpaw jumped up on her paws, and repaired for an attack. But the badger was stronger and faster. It swung its paw at her head, and she landed on her shoulder. Luckly its claws werent out.
She looked up seeing the badger coming towards her. She tried to get up, but her injured leg holded her back. Oh starclan... she thought and looked inside the badgers mouth. The mouth suddenly closed. The badger growled and turned around. It swung its claws at something. Shadowpaw couldnt see what it was aiming at. Please let it be Energystar. She begged, then a tail was seen. A Black fluffy tail with white on the end. You gotta be kidding me. Deathcloud leaped onto the badger, and began scratching its face. The badger growled and swung Deathcloud off. It ran away, between the grass.
"What in the name of my mothers rat were you thinking?!" He yowled at her. Shadowpaw was confused but angry at the same time.
"Yo... you have no right to speak to me that way!" She hissed at him. The funny and sarcastic smirk on his face had dissapeard. Now there was only anger and.. relief?
"Why do you even care! You're just a stupid stray!" She snapped. She could see Deathcloud wanted to jump on her so badly, but he didnt, why?
"Because... because i care about you!" He yowled. His anger was turning a little down, but there was still a little anger in him.
"Why do you care about me?!" She hissed and glared at him.
"I care about you because you are my daughter!" He yowled at her. Shadowpaw stopped moving. Instead of a glare, she opened her eyes in confusion and surprise. She lowered her ears and tail, that before was raised in anger. Deathcloud took a deep breath, and looked at Shadowpaw.
"Follow me" he mewed and began walking back to where she came from.
"O... okay" she stamered and followed him.

Deathcloud had taken her back to the nest, and she was now laying down in the nice moss. Her mothers scent was stale, but still there.
"Mouse or vole?" Deathcloud asked.
"None. Im not hungry" shadowpaw mewed and looked out of the door.
"I'd take that as a vole" he mewed and carried a vole back to Shadowpaw. He had told her about how and Energystar had meet. Apperently he had trained Energystar, and they had become great friends after that.
"But, who were those other cats?" Asked Shadowpaw and took a bite of the vole.
"Other?" He asked and blinked at Shadowpaw.
"Yeah you know. Those cats like firefeather" she mewed.
"Oh them, yeah i know them. They are firefeather, flamewing and crow. Just some friends i have around here" he mewed and placed his paw and a mouse that layed infront of him. Shadowpaw straightened her ears. Pawsteps were heard
"I know who that is" mewed deathcloud. A cat walked in from the entrence.
"What took you so long Energystar?" Deathcloud asked and looked at Energystar.
"Shadowpaw!" Her mom yowled in surprise.
"Hi mom" Shadowpaw greeded. Energystar raced over to her daughter, and pressed their chins against each others.
"Your leg! What happened?" She asked and looked at Deathcloud.
"Badger" he explained short. Shadowpaw kept looking at her mom, but then moved her gaze to Deathcloud. And then back to Energystar, and she kept going.
"Whats the matter?" Energystar asked and looked at Shadowpaw, and then at Deathcloud. He walked over to Energystar, and touched her muzle. Shadowpaw saw the realasation in her mother face. Energystar looked at Shadowpaw.
"I knew my dad werent Angelheart" Shadowpaw mewed and looked at Energystar.
"You have treated her leg?" Energystar asked and looked at Deathcloud. He nooded.
"Can we gome home now?" Shadowpaw asked and looked at Energystar.
"I think we all can go home" she mewed and looked at Deathcloud.
"What does all mean?" He asked and looked at Energystar. Energystar blinked once, and Deathcloud realized what she was trying to say.
"What are you two knowing that i dont?" Shadowpaw asked and got up on her paws.
"I mean, we can take the others with us" Energystar explained and looked at Shadowpaw.
"Others? Do you mean like crow and the others?" Shadowpaw asked. Energystar nooded and loked at Deathcloud. Deathcloud looked like if he couldnt decide if he wanted a fat rabbit, or four mices.
"I... i quess. I dont know if they want to come. But i do" he explained and looked at Energystar.
"I'll go get them" he mewed and ran out of the exit.
"Didnt you say to clawfoot that you would have been back to the clan yesterday?" Shadowpaw asked and looked at Energystar. Energystar lowered her ears in fear. Had she forgotten?