chapter 3

Shadowpaw have been an apprentice for two moons already. Bluepaw is really nice to her. Seasonkit and the others isnt apprenticeses yet.
Shadowpaw was sleeping inside the Apprentice's den. She was curled up in her nest, besides her was her friend Bluepaw. Shadowpaw yawned and stretched her paws. She stod up and began walking outside. She saw sparrowfeather walking towards her.

"There you are Shadowpaw. I have a task for you today" mewed sparrowfeather.

"What is it?" Mewed Shadowpaw with not much exitement in her tone.

"You have to help Amethystscar with her herbs today" he anaunced. Shadowpaw lowered her ears in dissapointment and growled.

"I know its no fun, but life is not always fun" he explained. Then he pointed his tail at the medicine den. Shadowpaw sighed but obeyed, and nooded. She walked towards the medicine den. Stupid task, stupid assesment, stupid.... Thought Shadowpaw before tripping over something. She fell with her nose first. She quickly got up and turned around, seeing oakkit and bigkit snortling.

"Mousebrains!" Snapped Shadowpaw after them.

"Your dads a smelly badger!" Shouted Oakkid, he looked nervous like he wanted to take back what he said.

"Yeah....Smelly badger!" Shouted bigkit after her. Shadowpaw felt every sincle hair on her body rise in anger. She sharpened her teeths and claws. Ready to jump on him.

"Shut up, you're the stinky badger here!" Snapped Shadowpaw.

"Alright thats enough!" Energytail came and stod between them. She looked at Bigkit.

"Bigkit you're in big trouble. Now both of you, back in the den!" Snapped Energytail even more angry. Bigkit and Oakkit obeyed, not that they couldnt do anything about it.

"Thanks" mewed Shadowpaw in a thankfull tone.

"Mom...who's my dad?" Asked Shadowpaw and looked at her mom.

"Deffinently not a badger sweetheart. But your father is Dustheart" said Energytail. Energytail licked Shadowpaw between her ears. Then she smiled and walked back to the nursery. Shadowpaw looked after her, then she remembered about the task. She sighed but walked over to the medecine den.
She walked inside the medicine den, seeing amethystscar sorting herbs. She was holding some marigold in her jaw, and cobweb in her paw. She was walking from herb to herb.

"Hello Amethystscar" greeted Shadowpaw. Amethystscar stopped walking around and looked at Shadowpaw.

"Well she surely said you would be a little problem" mewed Amethystscar.

"Who?" Asked Shadowpaw and tilted her head.

"An old friend of mine. And she's here" she mewed. Who's here? Thought Shadowpaw and blinked in confusion. She looked around in the medicine den, trying to spot anotyer cat.

"Anyway i need you to go into the forest and collect cobweb and some burdock root" mewed Amethystscar.

"What?" Mewed Shadowpaw and looked confused at Amethystscar. Amethystscar sighed.

"You need to find more of these things" mewed Amethyst and pushed some herbs out infront of her. Shadowpaw nooded slowly and walked over to the herbs, she sniffed them to remember their stench. Then she ran out of camp, and off to find those herbs.

Shadowpaw have walked around and have tried to find the herbs. But she have forgetten the looks of the herbs, and the stench. She has only gotten the cobweb.

"Hello Shadowpaw" said a voice. Shadowpaw turned around and saw her mentor sparrowfeather.

"Hello sparrowfeather" greeded Shadowpaw.

"Are you done with your task?" Asked sparrowfeather. Shadowpaw shooked her head.

"Well why dont you take a quick break and practise your hunting instead?" Sparrowfeather offered. Shadowpaw let out an echsousted sigh.

"Thank you" she mewed.

"Give me the cobweb" he mewed and stretched his paw, so Shadowpaw could give him the cobweb. She put all the cobweb she have gatered, in sparrowfeather's paw. Then he turned around and began his way back to camp.
Shadowpaw was on her way to the riverstones to hunt. When she reached the river, she stopped up and looked into the water.

"How can Sunclan swim in this?" She mumbled to herself.
She lifted her head up, opened her mouth and tasted the air, trying to find some prey. Then a scent of prey hit her. Trush! Shadowpaw crawled into a hunters position, and crawled towards the trush. She saw the trush, only two tail lenghts away from her. She prepaired to jump on it. She lifted up from the ground and towards the trush. The trush managed to fly away before Shadowpaw got a grib on it.

"Mouse-dung!" She shouted and scratched the ground in anger.

"That was hularius i'll give you that" mewed a voice. Shadowpaw quickly got up on her toes and looked around. All the hair on her back raised. It was not a voice she had heard before. And the stench is different.

"I'd like to see you do better" she mewed back to the unknown cat.

"I'd would probaly do better than you" the voice mewed back. Shadowpaw snarled.

"Show yourself!" She snapped.

"Skypaw!" A loud snarl was heard from the other side of the river. She ran to the edge of the river. Trying to spot the cat. But the only thing she saw was a brown and white tail dissapear in the tall grass. She hissed and snapped after the tail. I should probaly hunt a bit more and actually catch something. Thougt Shadowpaw and dissapeard from the edge.