chapter 8

Furyfang have carried Shadowpaw back to the healers den, and she was now healing. She had gotten a scratch from the badger, on her cheek. And Seasonpaw was now treating her. Amethystscar was laying in her nest, with her poisened body. Now she was yelling at Seasonpaw if she had done something wrong. Seasonpaw putted marigold on Shadowpaw's cheek, them some cobweb.
"Just let it heal for a couple of days. Then you have been fully recovered" explained Seasonpaw. She shook a look at Amethystscar. Amethystscar nooded. Seasonpaw lowered her ears in embarrasment. Quess she isnt allowed to ask something like that. Thought Shadowpaw.
"Has Pheonixpaw gotten any damage?" Asked Shadowpaw and looked at the medicine cat's Apprentice. The Apprentice shok her head.
"Just a little shocked and tired" she explained. Shadowpaw looked outside. The sun was burning in over the camp, and all the cats looked like they were about to burn. But they werent. It was just her emagination.

A moon have passed, and Shadowpaw's cheek has healed. She was sitting with Seasonpaw and Pheonixpaw, eating prey they have captured. Shadowpaw was not getting to be a better hunter, Sparrowfeather wasnt really taking her to train, he's to busy being deputy. Goldenstar keps telling him to take Shadowpaw out training, but he always refuses.
"Hello Shadowpaw, wanna go out training?" He asked. Shadowpaw shrugged. She knew what will happen if they did, but she learns a little bit everytime.
"Okay" she said and continued eating her pigeon. She swallowed her last bite, and ran over to the exit where Sparrowfeather was waiting.
"Lets go shall we" he mewed and walked into the branch tunnel. Shadowpaw could barely keep up, that pigeon she ate really gave her something to run with.
They came to the end of the tunnel, and stood now in the forest.
"Lets go to the sandy hollow" he suggested and sprung towards the hollow. Shadowpaw ran after him.
Suddenly Sparrowfeather stopped up.
"Greeting Clawfoot. What brings you here?" Asked Sparrowfeather. Clawfoot was standing over him, with firestripe and cherrypelt behind him.
"You promised you came with us on a patrol to the moonclan border" explained Clawfoot. Sparrowfeather's eyes widened.
"Oh starclan i forgot! Sorry Shadowpaw, but you can go with oakpaw and Bigstorm, they're at the river stones" he explained. Clawfoot turned around and headed towards the border. Sparrowfeather, cherrypelt and Firestripe followed him. Great, some alone time with a liar who almost got me killed and didnt lift a paw to help. She thought and headed towards river stones.

"Shadowpaw, what is this crowfood doing here?" Bigstorm teased and smirked.
"I could ask you the same thing, fox dung!" Mewed Shadowpaw and lifted her chin.
"Sparrowfeather told me to go on patrol with you two to the river stones" she explained. Bigstorm groaned, but then a smile creept up on his face.
"Alright" he breathed and walked away. Oakpaw walked besides him. Shadowpaw was walking a few tail lenghts away. Bigstorm whispered something in oakpaw's ear, that made him shiver. He looked at Bigstorm, he nooded.

They arrived at the river stones, Bigstorm stopped up. Oakpaw quickly ran behind Shadowpaw.
"Whats going on?" She demanded.
"I appreciate that you didnt tell that i almost got you killed, and about leading the badger over to you and killed flamepaw, but you know to much. Oakpaw!" He shouted. Shadowpaw got angry. So he was the one who killed flamepaw!? He's gonna pay!!! She sprung towards him but ended down on the ground. Oakpaw grabbed her tail, and slammed her down to ground.
"Finally, i can kill you" Bigstorm mewed and slowly walked over to her. Shadowpaw was despert to get away, but Oakpaw wouldnt let go. She swung her claw at him, but she missed. Bigstorm bit her leg, and threw her away. She groaned in pain and tried to stand up, but something heavy landed on her. Bigstorm stod op on her.
"Goodbye!" He mewed and snapped after her throat. She wouldnt let him win that easly. Everytime he tried to bite her throat, she kept hitting his nose. There was a sound of something dropping down in the water. a brown shape of a cat, jumped into the water.
And swimmed to the other side. Shadowpaw was beginning to lose strenght, Bigstorm was pushing all her air out. Something leaped on to Bigstorm and pushed him away. Shadowpaw quickly got up on her feets, she looked around. Seeing Bigstorm in a battle, with Skypaw from Sunclan. The sunclan Apprentice have been nice to Shadowpaw at her first gathering.
"Get away from her!" He shouted and placed his teeth in his neck. Bigstorm yawled in pain, and tried to swing Skypaw off, just like the badger did with Shadowpaw. Suddenly another shape of a cat appeard, this time it was a shape of a blueish cat. It was bluemoon. He jumped on the other side of bigstorm, and tried to push him to the ground. But Bluemoon got quickly ripped down, and was fighting oakpaw. Now Skypaw was fighting alone this gigantic warrior. Shadowpaw stod on her paws, and sprung forward. She pushed Bigstorm to the ground, Skypaw had sprung off, and landed safely on the ground. Shadowpaw amed after his throat, and bit him as hard as she could. And his breath became the last. Bigstorm was dead.
"You killed him?" Mumbled Bluemoon.
"What was happening?" He demanded and looked at Shadowpaw. She kept doing heavy breathing, the fighting was intense.
"He...tried...to kill... Me" she explained and fell to the ground in echousteisment.
"You'd better get her back to camp and explain everything. Meanwhile I'll be going back to Sunclan. See you later Shadowpaw" skypaw jumped into the water, and swimmed to the other side. He dissapeard in the tall grass. Slowly was Oakpaw nearing them, with easy paw stept. Bluemoon turned around and snapped after him.
"Get lost traitor!" He hissed and sprung at him. Bluemoon had Oakpaw pinned to the ground.
"Wai..wait, i can explain" he mewed in fear. Oakpaw was always a bit jumpy, but he would never fight a warrior.
"Explain then" Bluemoon mewed and let go of him. Oakpaw took a deep breath.
"It all started before Amethystscar was poisened. At that time i was still a kit, but no brain. Once i walked into her den, and found some fresh kill and...death berries. I thought they were poppy seeds, so i wanted to make some fun of her. I putted the berries in her prey, and walked away before annyone noticed. Then a moon ago, Bigstorm came to me. He said if i didnt help him kill Shadowpaw, he would tell goldenstar that i poisened Amethystscar" he explained. At the time, Shadowpaw had gotten on her legs. Oakpaw looked scared, like if he was standing right infront of a monster. He was horrorfied.
"I smell a patrol. We should tell them what happened" mewed Bluemoon. He walked past Oakpaw and into the forest. Oakpaw and Shadowpaw walked with him. The forest's ground was cold and hard as a rock, and only the sound of silence was heard.

They have all three returned to camp. They meet the patrol which were trushwing, Sunflight and Energytail. They have told Goldenstar, and now he has called on a meeting.
"As most of you have heard, Bigstorm has betrayed Dawnclan. But our brave Apprentice Shadowpaw finnished him" Shadowpaw licked her chest in flatterness.
"But as most of you would think, i am not giving her a warrior name" he mewed. All the cats began whispering. Sparrowfeather protested.
"Why not?! You made Bigstorm a warrior, when she has exsperienced more than he!?" Sparrowfeather called from besides Goldenstar. Sparrowfeather was about to say more, but Goldenstar leaped down on him. Goldenstar had him pinmed to the ground, and bit his neck. Sparrowfeather was now laying dead on the cold hard ground. Every cat had shocked eyes, some cats gasped. Goldenstar looked at his clan. The warriors and Apprentice stod infrontt of the Queens and elders. Amethystscar and Seasonpaw was standing behind asweel. Goldenstar yowled, it was a war yowl. Several cats came in from the bushes. One of them in the middle, was Swan. Other cats were loners or kittypets.
"Goldenstar...what are you doing?" Mistfog asked. He looked at her. He swung his claw at her, and hit her left ear. She quickly backed off. He made a signal to the strays. They walked over to the warrior, and had them pinned to the ground. One of the cats walked over to Tigertail. The queen stod infront of her three kits, but the big warrior smacked her away. He grabbed Bramblekit by his neck, and walked over to the high rock. He passed the little tabby kit to Goldenstar, and he threw the kit into the rock. The kits lifeless body was now laying on the ground.
"Leave now or this will be you" goldenstar explained and looked at them. The cats let the warrior go. Tigertail walked over to her dead son, she wanted to take him with her, but Goldenstar hissed at her. She followed the others. Out from the camp. Shadowpaw shoot a quick glare at Swan. The pretty white she-cat looked happy, but Shadowpaw will get her revenge.

Warriors: A Warriors Quest. Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें