"Mum! Mum, look who's here!" She cries and Anne comes running down the stairs, at the sound of Gemma's excited voice.

Her eyes widen in shock and she grins, she grins so wide as she approaches Harry and soon, Harry's being hugged by his mother and sister and it's the best feeling ever. It's feeling he's longed for in such a long time and it's a relief. It's a relief to feel their warm embrace, their presence, their happiness because it's all Harry's ever wanted. It's all Harry's ever wanted since he had to say goodbye to...him.

"I'll make us a cup of tea." Anne decides excitedly, rushing into the kitchen as Gemma leads him into the living room and they sit down opposite each other on the sofas.

"All right. You have to tell us everything." Gemma beams.

"Don't start without me!" Anne calls from the kitchen and Gemma and Harry both chuckle in unison. 

"You look different, bro. Something about you has definitely changed." Gemma decides, gazing intensively at her brother.

"Yeah. Two years in America can change a lot." Harry sighs and when Anne returns with three cups of tea, they begin to catch up. 

A couple of hours later, Harry finds himself standing at the balcony of his old bedroom. It's like walking down memory lane, coming in here. Everything is the same. Everything is exactly how he left it. It looked like Anne was too guilty to redecorate and change it into a guest room, in case Harry ever came back. 

He had to laugh at the guitar lying in it's stand, backed against the wall and the stray posters of Rihanna on the wall, when he went through his little musical phase. The thought of music and his guitar lead him back to thinking about him, once again. He brings his phone out of his pocket and goes through his voice mails. Eventually he finds the latest one from him and presses play, putting the phone to his ear.

'Hey H, it's me. I just finished my shift for the evening, was thinking of picking up a Chinese for us on the way home and we could watch a movie? Of course, Louis can join us, if he's not with Liam. Anyway, hope you're all right. Love you. Bye.'

Harry smiles at the tone of his soft, velvety voice as he gazes down at his phone, his fingers hovering over his name. He'd kill for anything like that just now. He'd kill for a movie night and some food, with him. Just sitting and talking and eating and just...being with him. 

"Who was that?"

Harry jumps at the sound of the familiar voice and turns round to see Gemma standing in the doorway. He sighs as she approaches him, standing next to him and leaning against the balcony. 

"Oh, nobody. It's just an old voice mail." Harry shrugs. 

Gemma studies Harry carefully.

"You're a terrible liar, bro." Gemma scoffs, nudging Harry's elbow and Harry raises his eyebrows.

"Excuse me?"

"I've known you're a terrible liar since you deliberately put my white sweater in the washing machine and turned it tie dye when you were twelve, I know you're lying now." Gemma accuses, poking Harry's shoulder.

"It was an ugly sweater anyway. If anything, it was an improvement." Harry snorts and Gemma rolls her eyes. 

"Why are you listening to an old voice mail anyway?" Gemma tries, getting back on topic.

"Why the twenty questions?" Harry asks curiously.

"I wasn't kidding earlier when I said you've changed. You have and I don't think that's New York's fault. I think that's a guy's fault." Gemma confesses.

Harry winces and goes to turn on his heel, walking away from her.

"Don't do that again, Harry. Don't shut us out again when we're trying to help you." Gemma insists.

Harry pauses, standing in the doorway. He hesitates, his hands bawled tightly into fists. Harry has a genuine fear of opening up to his family, which was one of the many reasons of why he was unsure of coming here in the first place. He could only tell his mother and sister so much about him without actually accidentally spilling the beans to them that he's a vampire. 

Besides, him being a vampire was partly the reason why Harry and Niall split up in the first place anyway. Harry knew that Gemma and Anne would support him no matter what but the thought of them knowing and believing that he's a vampire was beyond crazy. He finally heaves a deep sigh, runs a hand through his hair and goes back to stand next to Gemma.

"His name is Niall. Actually, it's his birthday today. He just turned 19." Harry smiles and Gemma beams, squeezing his arm in a comforting, encouraging manner so he continues. 

Later that evening, Gemma goes back to Harry's room again. He finds him in the same spot she'd left him, at the balcony. She really did feel sorry for her brother. It was obvious that he and Niall had went through a lot and it's a shame that they can't be together, for whatever reason Harry wouldn't tell her. Ever since high school, Harry was the type of person to build walls around himself and refused to let anybody in, no matter how much they cared. 

She wondered if this had anything to do with their parents' divorce. She could only think that Niall really must have been someone special if Harry cared that much about him, if he was the one to be able to break down those walls. Her train of thought was interrupted when suddenly Harry leapt off the balcony. Her eyes widen in horror and shock and she rushes over to the balcony but then sees that Harry had landed perfectly on his own two feet and in one swift moment, he had disappeared from the back yard, out of sight.

Panicking, she rushes back into Harry's bedroom, heart racing. Wetting her lips and tucking her hair behind her ears, she grabbed Harry's phone which was lying in the middle of the bed. She unlocked it and quickly scrolled through his contact list. Her fingers briefly hover over Niall's name for a moment before she finds Louis' and presses the phone to her ear, waiting for him to answer.

"Hey, Harry?" Louis responds uncertainly.

"Louis?" Gemma grins and there's a short pause at the other end of the line.

"Gemma? Is that you?" Louis presses, clearly surprised by the unfamiliar voice. 

"Yeah, it's me. How are you?" Gemma asks.

"I'm good, thanks but um – what are you doing answering Harry's cell?" He wonders.

"I just – I needed to talk to you. I can't really explain this over the phone. Is there any chance we can meet up?" She suggests.

"Gemma, you know I live in New York now." Louis says exasperatingly.

"I know, I know and this is a long shot but, please. I'm desperate." Gemma pleads.

"How desperate?" Louis challenges and Gemma rolls her eyes.

"Well, I just seen my brother jump for the balcony and run into the woods so I'd say pretty desperate." She finally confesses.

There's a long, awkward pause at the other end of the line.

"I'll get the first flight out."

Louis hangs up and the phone line goes dead. Gemma lets out a shuddered breath and bites her nails nervously. She saunters over to the balcony doors and peers, half expecting her brother to return and wishing she'd dreamt the whole thing. There was something ominous about Louis' tone. He was adamant not to come all the way over to see her but after explaining about her brother, he was all for it. It didn't make any sense. 

The thought of seeing Louis again gave her some kind of hope. Seeing Harry again was all good and great but she knew that something was up and maybe Niall was just the start of it. There was more to the story and she was just determined to get to the bottom of it. She cared deeply about her brother. Of course she did, she hadn't seem him in years. 

Maybe Louis held all the answers.

__________

I do apologise that this chapter is more of a filler and it's kind of short but please...bear with me. Feedback would be much appreciated, thank you!