Chapter Twelve

"You stupid bitch. Why would you wander into a bloody cabin in the middle of the woods?" Mikael snarls, sensing my stupidity and curiosity. My cheeks burn because I know how right he is. I'm not the smartest wolf but this is just utterly idiotic of me. Life lesson #1: never explore a seemingly abandoned cabin in some creepy forest without protection.

"I guessed you were hiding out here. The bodies are almost half a mile away from here as well. This is not the best hiding spot," I hiss.

Mikael rolls his eyes and ignores me. He strolls over to a wooden bookshelf and rummages through the worn out books. His hand emerges with a white oak stake- the only thing that can kill Klaus.

"I can back to this blasted cabin for this- the only thing that terrifies your lover. And unfortunately, I found you here. Tell me, why bother helping Klaus? I'm sure he's good in bed but I can assure you I taught him all the tricks."

Okay so not only is Mikael completely sadistic and psychotic, he's a pedophile. I don't blame Klaus for his relationship issues anymore.

"First of all, you're wrong about one thing. Klaus isn't scared of that stake you're holding; he's scared of the person holding it. You've terrorized your own son for pleasure and even rose from the dead to continue your miserable pathetic life at gaining revenge. You're a shitty excuse for a father and grandfather. Second of all, you must've left a piece of your brain on the Other Side if you think I'm ever touching you," I snap and give him the bitchiest glare I can muster.

Mikael growls and flashes in front of me. He presses the front of the stake at my chest- right where my heart is. He pierces my skin and I whimper. His eyes are crueler and colder closer, and he is no where as handsome or compassionate as his son.

"Klaus is not my son. He's a bastard! He ruined my life so I'll ruin his. Starting with his whore and then the whore's baby," Mikael seethes.

When he mentions Hope, something inside of me snaps. My eyes become darker and feline. Black patterns etch into my face and I bare my teeth, growling back louder.

Terrified, Mikael steps back and almost drops the stake. "What are you? Y-you're a hydrid," he whispers.

"Threaten my family again and I'll make you wish you were dead- again," I retort, my voice lower and meaner. I don't recognize the rage and bloodlust brewing inside of me.

Mikael laughs," What will you do? You're a cowardly bitch- just like Klaus. The baby will be nothing but trash."

In a flash, I lunge at Mikael and punch him across the face. He staggers back and regains his composure. He snarls," You'll pay for this. Esther and I will make sure of it ."

As he raises his hand about to stake me, another wooden stake slides through his chest. Mikael's eyes widen and he swears before dropping to the floor, dead. Klaus stands behind him, staring at his fathers body. He bends down and retrieves the stake.

I smile at Klaus and show him my bruised fist. "Couldn't you have come sooner before I injured my arm? I don't think you can tell but your father has a really hard head. But thanks for saving me yet again."

Klaus chuckles and shakes his head in amusement. "I love you Hayley. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I followed your scent. Anyways, the son of a bitch is stupid for hiding out in a cabin so close to town."

"He actually came back to retrieve the stake. If it wasn't there, he would've been gone by now. What will we do with him now?"

"Send him back to Hell." 

"Davina agreed?"

"It's the least she can do for bringing my father back."

"Don't be so hard on her. She's admitted to her treachery. She is only sixteen."

"Almost seventeen. She must learn to use her common sense. But it's in the past. I need to lug Mikael's body to the quarter and chain him up so Davina can perform the spell."

Klaus pulls me in for a hug, and I rest my head on his shoulder. I say," I'm so glad this Mikael mess is over."

I remember something and pull back from Klaus. "Wait, Mikael mentioned something."

"What?" Klaus frowns.

"He mentioned your mother Esther. He said they will make sure I pay for this when I insulted and punched him. Klaus, what if both your parents are back? What if Esther is still out there?"

Before Klaus can reply, an ear splitting scream cuts through the air.

[chapter isn't fully edited but enjoy anyways. I wanted to end the Mikael matter and introduce another conflict. And Klayley scenes are coming up next chapter.]