Chapter Five

I left a couple of things unclear from the last four chapters, so I wanted to update earlier than usual, and tie everything together.

Desire pulsed through our bodies. We were in sync, kissing and touching roughly. His unshaved jaw felt amazing against my neck as he sucked and licked the sensitive skin on the base of my neck. I moaned louder, nails digging into the mattress. He grinded against me, and I gasped at how hard he was. Slowly, he slid down my pants and ripped apart my underwear.

"Those were my favorite," I complained teasingly.

"I'll buy you new ones," he promised and flashed a sultry smile before resuming his sweet kisses. I arched my back, pressing myself to him. He took this as a sign to lean back and expertly unclip my bra. He threw it on the ground and gazed at my body with undying lust and want. His long fingers crept up my stomach and around the valley of my breasts. He was playing with me.

"Klaus, enough of foreplay. I want you inside of me- now," I demanded.

"Little wolf, there's nothing more I want than to hear you scream my name."

I sit up, gasping hard. The covers are twisted around me, and my body is a sweaty, hot mess. I glance at the mirror hanging beside the door. My face is flushed, and I'm breathing hard. There's a burning, aching desire in the core of my stomach.

"Relax, Hayley," I tell myself, controlling my erratic breathing. I've been plagued with sexual dreams as if my inner sex-starved conscience is begging me to release my energy onto Klaus.Yesterday, after my unpleasant encounter with Kristine, I recieved a call from Jackson. Apparently, two young wolves were found hanged in the woods. Three witches were drained of blood near the cemetery. Five male vampires were beheaded in the streets of the New Orleans. Jackson believes there's a supernatural killer on the loose.

Shaken by the news, I stayed in Hope's room the entire night, fearing the psychopath might harm my child. I never went to Klaus' room. Keeping Hope safe has to come first before everything- even my sex drive.

I stand up and walk quietly to the kitchen for a tall glass of cold water to calm me down. It's painful to even walk to the kitchen. My body aches for a massage.

In the morning, my training started. It was, to say the least, brutal. Keeping his promise to train me, Klaus constructed a training arena and hired a couple of his strongest vampires to fight me. Although it was a sweaty, grueling session, I learned a handful of tactics. With new strengths and abilities, I have to learn how to use them.

He also made me learn how to control my bloodlust. I had to endure five hours of sitting in a cramped room full of bloody humans and animals. By the time the session ended, I was a bloodthirsty, raving beast. But at least I know how to maintain self control.

But I'm losing every ounce of self control I have right now. I need to see Klaus right this second. As I return the glass to the cupboard, a noise startles me. I turn around and see Elijah whose wearing a sheepish expression.

"Sorry didn't mean to startle you," he aplogizes.

"It's fine. I'm on the edge since Jackson told me about the string of supernatural murders."

"Yes, I've heard. As long as you remain in the quarter, you'll be fine."

"What about the people that don't live in the quarter? Who will offer them their protection?"

"Hayley, we can't save everyone."

"We can try."

I stop arguing after seeing the weary look on his face.

"Is something wrong, Elijah?"

"My mind's on something else, I apologize."

"Tell me please. I hate seeing you pained."

"Kristine told me something quite interesting regarding you and my brother."

A flash of guilt and anger crosses me. "And whatever she said, I won't deny it. I know I've wronged you. You don't deserve this. I swear I've been meaning to tell you, but"

"No excuses, please. I just want the truth."

"Truth is, I love Klaus whether he loves me back or not, I don't care. All I know is I hold deep feelings for your brother. I'm sorry it turrned out this way, but I can't control my feelings. I'm sorry."

Elijah steps closer. His eyes are laced with something dark. "I'm not sorry." And then he gently kisses me. Before I can react, he pulls away. "And I'm never going to stop fighting for you no matter what you feel for my brother. Hayley, it's not love you're feeling, it's lust."

I pull away from him. He gives me one last final look and leaves. He's right. Maybe I've blurred the lines between love and lust. Did I truly love Klaus or the sex and excitement he brings?

It's more like a filler, but I needed to tie up some loose ends from the previous chapters. Enjoy. And is it wrong to feel bad for underestimated Elijah?