Chapter 12 - The Ball

A/N: Tbh, I really enjoyed writing this chapter

Published: 2018/03/29

Warnings: swearwords 

It was the day of the Ball. Everyone was getting ready alone, putting on their dress robes and masks, because yesterday McGonagall said that this will be a Masquerade Ball and no one should recognize their friends at first. Harry was in his white dress robes, putting on a black mask, that covered up his whole face. He took of his glasses and put them in a little pocket. Harry decided to leave his hair messy, he was to lazy for doing something with them.

Students started walking into the Great Hall. When the Ball officially started, everyone was a little bit shy, but when they found their friends or boyfriends/girlfriends, they started dancing. After 2 hours The Great Hall was full of music, loud and happy voices, foods, drinks, and laughs. Just Harry still couldn't find no one. He just sat on the bench, watching how others danced.

"Hey, stranger" A boy's voice said to his ear. Harry turned around and saw a dark slender figure standing behind him. Harry tried to recognize the person, but it was too dark and he was wearing a mask. Harry nodded.

"Come with me" The figure said, but Harry didn't move. He watched it suspiciously.

"Just come"  The person started walking our of the Great Hall. This time, Harry followed. The Chosen One couldn't see everything properly because he didn't put on his glasses and his vision became really bad after war, but Harry didn't do anything. He didn't want to be recognized with glasses. Harry almost fell, while they were climbing up stairs to the Astronomy Tower. The figure silently chuckled and grabbed Harry's hand.

"Let me guide you" A deep voice echoed. Harry nodded and a small smile appeared on his face. He knew that voice. 

'Why are we here? ' Harry asked, when the figure lighten up a cigarette.

"Is it bad that I wanted to hangout with The Golden Boy, who sat alone in the Ball?" He replied.

'How do you know it was me?'

"Your hair. You didn't even put a glamour on, idiot" Boy, who stood next to Harry, laughed and took of Harry's mask. Harry took his glasses out of his pocket and put them on his face. "Everyone is with glamours, because it's harder to recognize each other"

"Shit. That's why I couldn't find anybody" Harry muttered.

"What the fuck?" Person gasped and the cigarette fell out of his hand. " You can talk?!"

Harry blushed, when he realized that he got himself out.

"For how long?"

"I don't know, for about two weeks."

"Why didn't you tell anybody?"

"I- I don't know. I just didn't want to talk with anyone, and when I didn't reply, everyone thought that I was too tired to write. If I would talk, Hermione, Ron and everyone else would be asking me what is wrong, if I'm fine and other things. I don't want to tell them, or anybody" Harry replied. He didn't know what is wrong with him, why is he always in a bad mood.

"Follow me" The person said. Harry nodded and both of them went to the Room of Requirement.

"I thought that after the war this room was impossible to open"

"Apparantely, not. I thought it's going to be a little warmer in here" He said. It was warmer. They were in a small room, with big Christmas tree and a fireplace.

"Dance with me" The figure said and bowed his hand. Harry nodded and took it.

The person put his hand onto Harry's waist and they started moving slowly. Harry smiled. He didn't mind dancing with a boy. Not like he's gay, he just didn't mind it.

"You could have told me." The boy said silently and turned Harry around.

"I wanted. But we didn't talk after that night when we met, ferret" Harry answered and the figure looked at him with shock in his face.

"How do you know it's me? I have full glamour on my body"

"On your body, but not on your voice" Harry silently laughed. He took off Draco's mask and removed his glamour. Draco's fake dark hair became blonde, almost white, his brown eyes became grey/blue and his skin became paler.

"So tell me, Potter, how have you been doing lately?" Draco asked, when they continued their dance.

"I've been good, I guess. I almost died, then I became mute. Came back to Hogwarts, studied most of the time, and watched my happy friends, while always feeling alone by myself. What about you?"

"I've been fascinating. Almost killed my... friend" Draco stopped and Harry nodded with a smile on his face. "Well I thought I did, because my friend's girlfriend told me so"

"Ex-Girlfriend" Harry muttered and Draco tried to stop himself from smiling.

"And that stupid Scarhead let me believe he is dead, until he came back. Then I accidentally met him and almost got a heart attack when I saw him alive. From that night I was just hanging out with Blaise and Pansy, thinking why he didn't let me know" Draco ended up.

"Looks like you've had an interesting month" Harry chuckled.

"Yes I did" Draco pulled Harry to himself. "I've missed you, I really did, can you believe it?" He whispered into Harry's ear, causing him to blush.

"Draco, believe me, I'm surprised that I missed you" 

They danced with their arms tightly wrapped around each other, till Draco turned both of them around way too fast and they fell over. Harry blushed, when he saw that he was under Draco.

"A little bit to fast, huh?" Draco asked with a deep voice and looked into Harry's green eyes. Harry could feel goose bumps appearing onto his skin. Blondie's eyes went from Harry's eyes to his lips. Draco wanted this. 

He wanted to kiss Harry.

But he was too scared to do it. He knew that he'll be rejected.

Thoughts about him kissing Harry, about them making out attacked Draco's head and made his breathing heavier.

"Fuck it" Harry said. He wanted it as much as blonde did. Harry leaned to Draco and kissed him.

Draco felt like a firework exploded in his body. His lips moved against Harry's and he closed his eyes. Draco opened his mouth and asked for an entrance with his tongue. Harry let him in and their tongues fought for dominance. Harry gave up and Draco's tongue explored every corner of Harry's mouth. He bit Harry's lower lip, making Harry moan a little and wrap his arms around Draco's neck even tighter. Both of the boys could fell their dicks getting harder.

Harry gently grabbed Draco's neck with one hand and pulled him even closer, going through the blondie's hair with the other. Draco placed small gentle kisses on Harry's jaw, and started going down. He kissed and bit Harry's neck's skin, leaving little hickeys on it.

When they finally broke apart gasping for air, Draco laid on the cold floor next to Harry. Harry didn't know what to do or what to say. 

"Come here" Draco said with a tired voice. He wrapped his one arm around Harry's neck and pulled him closer. Harry put his head onto the Draco's chest and wrapped his arms around Draco's waist. Draco put a warming glamour onto them, pressed his lips onto the Harry's head and gently kissed him.

"And who would have thought, that this day will end up in us making out and snogging?" Harry said, when Draco was already asleep. The Chosen One had a big smile on his face, not even worrying about tomorrow, when everything may look different. He knew that when they will wake up, it'll be really awkward. But he wouldn't mind it. 

For the first time since this year started, he actually felt happy