Chapter 5 - Fragile

Published: 2018/03/16

It has been weeks, since Draco heard Hermione and Harry talking. After that night, he received a letter from the Ministry of Magic. The letter affected Draco so much, that he doesn't eat, rarely speaks with Blaise and spends as much time as he probably can in the Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, still holding himself from crying. She decided not to try communicate with him, because he just ignores her.  

Harry and Hermione still talks secretly, while Ron is very annoyed about it. They even started arguing more. Ginny started talking with Dean more and more, but somehow, Harry hasn't caught himself jealous. Even The Golden Trio's life isn't as amazing as it looks like.  

Blaise noticed, that something is wrong with his best friend. He tries to find Draco every time he walks somewhere, but he just can't. He even looked for Draco in the Room of Requirement, but he wasn't there. Desperate of knowing nothing, Blaise decided to ask Harry for help. He is probably the only one who might agree helping him.

•••

"Blimey, Harry, how can you write this essay? I'm struggling with it so badly" Ron said

"Well, Hermione helped me" Harry smiled and opened his book.

"What do you mean? She didn't want to-"

"Uhm, hey ,Harry" They heard a voice behind them. Harry turned around and saw Blaise, looking at him.

"Hello, Blaise" Harry nodded.

"There is...this thing.. that I need you to help me with..." Blaise voiced."Can we speak  somewhere...more private?" Harry nodded again and started following Blaise. Ron and Hermione both stood up, showing that they are going to come as well.

"So, what is it?" Ron asked, when they reached the corridor, which was empty at this time.

"It's Draco. I know you probably don't want to help me find him, but I need you to. He disappears after the classes and I don't see him at all. He almost stopped talking with me. In the classes he sits alone, with bags under his eyes, and his face is getting even paler. Please, can you help me? I want to know what happened. I also know that he wouldn't tell me anything, even if I would find him, that's why I got this" Blaise stopped and pulled Veritaserum out of his pocket."Guys, please can you help me? He is my best friend, and I'm really worried about him."

Harry sighed and looked at his two friends.  

"I think we can help you. Or at least try."

•••

Harry grabbed The Marauders Map, his invisibility cloak and walked out of his and Ron's dorm. Blaise, Hermione and Ron already stoop up in the place where they decided to meet.
"Remind me, why we are helping Malfoy's best friend to find Malfoy himself? I wouldn't be so sad if he was dying somewhere." Ron said silently to Hermione and she elbowed him.

"Okay, you guys are ready?" Harry asked againd and opened up The Marauders Map. "I solemnly swear I'm up to no good". Once the map showed everyone, they started looking for Draco.

"Here he is!" Hermione pointed. 

"What is he doing in the Moaning Myrtle's bathroom? He hated that place" Zabini asked them.

"Well, lets find out" Harry answered and all of them walked to the place where Draco should be.

"Draco?" Blaise whispered, when they walked into the bathroom.

"Blaise?" A weak voice came out."What are you doing here?"

"Looking for you. Whats happening?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to be alone." Draco answered simply, and walked out of one of the stalls.