Chapter 9 - Surprise

Published:2018/03/24

"Harry, you're awake!" Hermione, Ron and Ginny walked into Harry's hospital ward. He slowly nodded. Harry tried to reach his wand, but Hermione grabbed it first.

"Harry, you're too weak for using magic. Look what happened last time." Harry just rolled his eyes.

"Ughm, so... " Hermione elbowed Ron. "Okay okay stop. I'm sorry for what I did to you. I was just really angry. You know, my whole family hates Malfoy, and I hate that git too. And when you said, that you're going to stand up for him.. I just couldn't believe, that my best friend wants to help Malfoys. I just thought.. that he's going to kill you." Ron stopped and looked at Harry with hope. Harry laughed without any sound and nodded.

"I hope that means that you forgive me?" Ron smiled. Harry nodded again.

"Phew, I was so worried that you won't forgive me you know"

"Ron-"

"It would be really hard for me, after all that we came through"

"Ron-"

"Just wait until we come back to Hogwarts, every-"

"RON!" Both girls shouted.

"What?!"

"Can you shut up for a minute?" Hermione threw a nervous glance at him. "Harry, say something." Harry just smiled and reached for his wand again. This time, Hermione gave it to him.

"What do you mean? What's happening?" Ron asked.

"Ron... Harry is..." Ginny stopped because she couldn't say it out loud. Harry started writing in the air with magic.

'I'm mute'

•••

'Why are you crying? I'm not dead, am I?'

"Harry.." Ginny hugged him after Hermione and Ron left the ward.

'For Merlin's sake, everything is okay. Yes, I'm mute, but this isn't forever. I wanted to talk with you about something else.'

"About what?" She frowned.

'About you and Dean.'

"So now you think that I am cheating on you because that stupid git told you this"

'I don't think, I know it, Gin. I knew it before Malfoy told me. You still love him, don't you? I can see it, everyone can see it.'

Ginny decided to stay silent.

'Ginny, it's okay. There are many couples, that didn't last.'

"Harry.. I was too scared to tell you because you were so so good to me... When Ron told me that he saw you with another girl... I was angry, at first. Then I realized that I did the same"

'Ron was lying'

"I know. He told me later. That's why I came here after you wake up. To apologize. But then, Malfoy came in, and... I just couldn't say to him that we broke up. Well when Hermione came here, I had to lie to her as well"

'Ginny, I'm not mad. To be honest, I also felt that everything between us isn't as good as it supposed to be.'

"I feel terrible now.."

'It's okay. You can't tell yourself who to love. You just love, basically.'

"Harry, why were you standing for Malfoy?"

'I don't really know. It's strange that I believe his words. I just wanted to help. Their family isn't the only ones, that were forced by fear. I just.. couldn't let this happen. They would have received a Dementor's kiss, and you know that is worse than death. And he apologized. For all those years.'

"I don't know, I still hate him. He and his dad were horrible to our family"

'I understand. Believe me, I do.'

•••

"Draco, what's happening?" Blaise asked when Draco came back to Hogwarts.

"I killed him" Draco whispered.

"What? Say it louder, I can't hear anything." Blaise frowned

"I killed him," Blondie said with no emotions.

"Wait what? What do you mean you killed him? You are not talking about Potter, are you?"

"I killed him," Malfoy said again, with his face being paler than usual.

"Mate, what happened in there?" Blaise asked worryingly

"We started fighting, badly. When I called Ginerva a slut, something happened. He asked us to leave. Well, he shouted at us, not asked. Then Granger, Weasley and I walked out. We heard something crashing, and Hermione ran into his ward once again. She started crying and shouting for help. When healers came, she told us what she saw. She said that all the windows were crashed, Harry was laying on the floor with a massive glass in his head, all covered in blood. And he didn't breathe. He was dead, Blaise. And I killed him." Draco looked at his friend.

"That doesn't mean that you killed him"

"That does. When he's angry, he uses wandless magic. Using it is very dangerous when you just woke up from the 3-week coma. And he used it. Because I made him angry."

Blaise just hugged his best friend, who had no emotions in his face. He looked like a robot.

"Let's come back to our dorm. You need to sleep"

•••

"So, that's it? You and Ginny broke up?" Ron asked.

'Yeah, it's over. Neither of us feels that spark between us, that we should feel. Like you and Hermione'

Ron looked at Hermione and smiled. She smiled him back and sat on his lap.

"I hope you are happy now. Both of you."

'I am. I'm sure she is too. You know, now I can watch other girls without shame'

"Do you have some girl on your mind?" Ron asked

'No, not really. I need to come back to Hogwarts at first, then we'll see.' Harry smirked 'Where's Malfoy?'

"He-"

"Why do you need him?" Ron frowned.

"Ron, don't interrupt me. Harry, when I said to Draco and Ginny that you weren't breathing, she told him that it is his fault. That he killed you."

'But I'm alive, he didn't kill me.'

"Why do you need him?" Ron repeated.

'I want to apologize for what I said.'

"He should apologize for what he has done to you. And whatever you said to him, he deserved it" Red-haired guy answered and received a weak punch from his girlfriend. "What was that for?"

"Can you stop being mad at him? There are enough people that hate him"

"No, I won't stop being mad. Don't you remember what he did to us?"

'Guys, stop. Hermione, will he come here?'

"I don't think so, he thinks you're dead. And we shouldn't tell him that you're alive." Hermione sighed.

'Why? That is strange' Harry frowned.

"I don't want this to happen again. We can't risk. Just wait when they let you out of hospital, okay? You will be stronger then." She answered. Harry just nodded and put his wand onto a little coffee table next to his bed.

"Okay, mate, we have to come back to Hogwarts. We'll come here tomorrow. Hope you feel better soon" Ron said and they walked out.

Harry laid onto his bed and started thinking about Hogwarts. He wanted to come back there. He wanted to see Luna, Neville, Dean and all the others.

He also wanted to see Draco.