Chapter 6 - Conflict

Published: 2018/03/17

"I'm going to stand up for Malfoy and his mother in their Trial" Harry said to his two best friends.

"Are you crazy, Harry?!" Ron shouted. "You know that he belongs in Azkaban!"

"Hush, Ron. Harry, why are you doing this?" Hermione asked.

"Because he is a bloody idiot!" Ron shouted again.

"That wasn't their fault! They were forced!" Harry started shouting.

"Oh really?! And Voldemort was the shy innocent guy, who did not tried to kill you like a hundred times!"

"Guys, stop arguing!" Hermione interrupted. When she saw that neither of them heard her, she walked out of the common room and tried to find Ginny.

"Voldemort was just a mad asshole! He was the one who forced Malfoy and-"

"WHY ARE YOU STANDING UP FOR THAT IDIOT?! IS HE YOUR FRIEND NOW OR WHAT?! ARE YOU TWO NOW SHARING SECRETS HOW TO CHEAT ON A TEST AND HOW TO PICK UP A GIRL YOU LIKE?"

"RONALD ARE YOU MAD?! I'M DATING YOUR FUCKING SISTER!"

"WELL NOT ANYMORE!"

"W-What?" Harry asked in shock.

"Do you really think I'm going to let you date her after standing up for that dickhead? He insulted us many times, called my family poor, called 'Mione a mudblood, tried to kill Dumbledore! Our mother will not let her be with you, when she will know about you and Malfoy anyways, so.." Ron said with a mock in his voice.

"But she will not know about this" Harry answered.

"Are you sure, Harry?" Ron smiled."How do you think little Ginny will react, when her brother will tell her that he saw her amazing boyfriend snogging with some other girl?"

"You would not" Harry said in complete shock.

"Watch me" Ron answered and walked out of the common room. Harry just took his book again, not believing any of Ron's words and started reading. He had to get ready for the N.E.W.T.S, otherwise he will not become an auror.

After a couple of minutes, he heard loud footsteps. It was Ginny. Tears streamed down her angry looking face. Hermione and Ron walked behind her.

"How could you?!" She screamed. Harry jumped of the chair.

"What the hell? What's happening?" He asked, even thought he knew the answer.

"Ron told me everything, Potter. About you and your little side-bitch"

"Harry, how could you?" Hermione asked silently.

"Ron lied to both of you! Ginny, he is just mad at me, because I am standing up for Malfoy and his mother on their Trial!" Harry shouted. He could not believe, that his best friend did that.

"I thought that he was lying as well, but then I remembered how you don't kiss me as much anymore, how you look so far away, how you stopped asking me on a dates in Hogsmeade, how you almost stopped talking with me, how you excuse yourself when I ask you for help, or just to be with me and I realised  that he isn't lying." Ginny cried even more.

"THAT'S BECAUSE EVEN IF YOU ARE WITH ME, YOU'RE ALWAYS FLIRTING WITH DEAN LIKE A FUCKING SLUT!" Harry shouted and then realized what he said.

Ginny looked at him in shock and then ran to her dorm. Hermione ran with her. Ron just smiled and started beating Harry. Harry felt blood in his mouth, but he did nothing. Even though Ron was acting like an idiot now, he was still Harry's best friend.