10: Curiosity killed the cat

Start from the beginning

I had lots of thinking to do.

But I have mastered the art procrastination and I was planning on putting it off until procrastination doesn't work anymore.

___________________

I was a bit too confused.

Was I interested in Islam because of her? Or was my interest genuine? Was I just curious ? Or was I looking for the truth...for the true faith?

I didn't know if I was sincere or playing around anymore. So I decided to stop thinking about the whole Islam topic until later.

That only lasted for a couple of hours.

For a few hours after work, I'd decided to give Sam a visit; to catch up on everything.

And guess what?

He opened the door and a sweet melodious music wafted to my ears.

It hit my soul unlike anything I've ever heard before.  

Oh wait. It wasn't music. It was more like... words that were sung?

Sam turned the player off and the song disappeared, leaving me feeling a empty and hungry for more.

"Hey Adam... anything new?" Sam's question broke me off my daze and I shook my head and lifted my eyes towards him.

"Nope. What's the name of the song that was playing by the way?"

"That wasn't a song. That was a recitation of the Quran by Saad Alghamdi. " He smiled. "Beautiful isn't it?"

I nodded.

This was the holy book of the Muslims? This was God's words according to the Muslims?

Interesting.

"Why did you become Muslim Sam? What made you so sure that this was the real deal? This was the one true religion??" I asked.

"I searched through different religions... but none were satisfactory enough for me. It's like , whenever I'd start thinking that this is what I need, I'd end up finding some big loopholes lying there, waiting for me to stumble upon them. But Islam? Nah... I found no loopholes. And the more I knew the more I wanted to know, " he sighed, a distant look in his eyes, "it's like a big puzzle with no lost pieces.. everything adds up ..."

"Tell me more." I said.

"Well, it helped me a lot not only in satisfying my thirst for answers but also in finding a disciple and a better way of life.  There's a right mannerism for every little aspect of every detail in your life.  Whether it's haircuts, food, using the bathroom... you name it."

"I see, and what kind of questions did it answer that you couldn't find in other religions?" I asked.

"Where did we come from?  Where do we go when we die? What happens on the day of Judgment? What happens between our death date and the day we come back to life for Judgment day?  What is the antichrist?  What does Jesus peace be upon him do when he comes back?"

"Is that it?" I asked, only a hint of sarcasm coating my voice.

"Yes. And then there was the Quran. And the sight of the Muslims praying in the mosque. Different people, different languages, different countries and ethnicities, all standing together, praying together, finding unity under the same God."

"I see." I deadpanned.

I checked the time and found that it was already 7:38 PM.

"Sam, it was nice seeing you but I really gotta go right now." I said, grinning sheepishly.

"Sure thing man," he smiled widely, "Good talk. I have high hopes for you brother."

High hopes of what? Me converting?

No way. I was just curious wasn't I?

Yup. Definitely no plans of changing religions.

At least not any time soon.

________________________

"Wow Jenny , that was fast." I smiled widely though I knew she couldn't see me.

"Well. Love wins in the end doesn't it ?" I could hear the smile on her voice and her being happy was everything to me.

"It does." I sighed into the phone .

Jenny was back with her Knight in shinning armor.

Not only that, but he even proposed. And she accepted.

They were engaged now.  Would you believe that?

Because I couldn't.

I mean, I know love wins at the end and all but this fast?

And then that got me thinking.

Was what I felt for Sarah love? Or was it just something else?

I read somewhere that sometimes men liked the girls they couldn't have.

You know, forbidden fruit and all.

But was that really me?  Was it just some sort of curiosity? 

Or was it...?

Even the thought of the L word felt heavy to my heart, so I quickly averted my train of thought towards something else.

That something else only happened to be the Quran.

I sighed deeply.

What was I getting myself into?

I hesitated a bit, but my hesitation didn't last for long; for my curiosity got the best of me and I found myself texting good old Sam for the name of The person who was reciting the Quran at his house.

Saad Alghamdi, eh?

I found some videos titled "best Quran recitations by Saad Alghamdi" and quickly selected one which was 2 hours long.

I downloaded the MP3 version and put the file on repeat.

Then I slipped my earphones on and fell into deep sleep.

I did all that because I was curious.

Just curious.

But they do say that curiosity killed the cat .

__________________________________________

Minor Edits on 2/17/24

A/N hello beauties~~!!! How've you been?

Any ship names for Adam White and Sarah Saleh???

I know it's been so long ..but please at least try to understand how tough being a high school senior is.

So yeah... Adam is getting curious, eh?

Will Adam become Muslim, or will Sarah become Christian?

Let me hear your guesses!

Also , woah....1.72K reads? 170 votes? Over 200 comments?? Honestly guys I love you so much!!! Alhamdulilah...may Allah bless you all ♥♥♥♥

[Muslim Fact of the day (MFD) : ]

.....Many Muslims use the insha'Allah when talking about future plans or things they want/plan to do.

It means : if God wills / by God's will.

Next update should be next Saturday or Sunday insha'Allah ;)