The masks we hide

Seishin came back in the morning, Cassiel was in the recovery room, most of her body was bandaged up. She was in a wheelchair.

"Cassiel, let's go home." Seishin said, he didn't hug her, and he didn't look at her face.

Cassiel said nothing on the way back, she didn't move a lot

When they opened the door everyone stared at them.

"We are back." Seishin said, he rolled the wheelchair to his room, then he took Ike and Ender's hand and took them into his room, Seishin closed the door and locked it.

"So what's the deal?" Seishin asked, he walked over to his bed and sat on the end of it. He put his hands together.

"I knew something was wrong, it was too perfect." Ike mumbled.

"Let's start from the beginning, Cassiel, when did you go to the lab, please tell us what happened to you."  Ended said, she sat on a sofa across from the bed, Ike sat next to her.

"I never went to the lab, that's where I was found, I was on a job, something happened... I was in a ballroom, everything was a blur, the princess came out. I remember her name was Princess Ivy, she was going to be crowned Queen but then the King Under World showed up, then I woke up in the hospital, I do remember someone whispering in my ear 'it will be over soon.'  though."  Cassiel explained.

"That's odd, we found you at the center of the lab, you looked like you were fighting something, a bomb that size wouldn't have ripped your flesh apart.." Seishin said, he looked at Ike, he was staring at Cassiel.

"Ok, so what's your story Ike?" Ended asked, she was leaning against the side of the sofa like she was in pain.

"Well... I took Raziel to the lab because she needed something tested-..." he was interrupted by Seishin.

"What tested?" He asked.

Ike clenched his fist, he could tell everyone was watching him.

"I don't know, she asked me to bring her to the lab and that's it, she didn't tell me anything else..." Ike responded.

"Let him finish, go on, what happened next?" Ender asked, she shifted her eyes to Seishin.

"Well... we went into the lab, Raziel was holding a bag, which was strange to me because I have never seen her wear something so bright, it was a Neon Purple case, I didn't want to ask her though, I think it was a faze?  Anyway, she went into a room then the bomb went off, next thing I know robots are taking me away." Ike tried to explain.

"Ender, where were you when the bomb went off?" Seishin asked.

Ender looked at the ground, "I was talking to Silas..." she said.

Cassiel looked at her with an annoyed expression.

"It's not what it sounds like, I was helping him with work, like magic and such. That's when a sketchy man approached Silas, he asked if he had seen a TimeKeeper anywhere, Silas replied 'no.' Because he didn't know him, the man was really angry, he started to yell lire! I was scared, Silas took me away from him, that was 15 minutes before the bomb went off." Ender explained.

"Where were you Seishin?" Ike asked.

"Home, watching for that halogen." Seishin replied.

Ike burst out in laughter, halogen?" He mocked.

" yeah... that boy has been trying to get back through the portal and steal my little girl away from me!" Seishin said with an angry face.

"I say we murder him." Cassiel said in a cold voice.