c h a p t e r ~ XXVII

"Feels so good to finally be here!" I said, walking into the Gryffindor common room

"Right? Feels like it's been forever!" Hermione agreed.
"C'mon, lets go get ready for Dinner." I said. Hermione and I ran up to the dorms and got dressed in our robes. I tied my hair up into a messy bun, revealing a large portion my neck. We met the boys back downstairs in the commons and walked to the great hall together. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Harry looking at me, making my face turn red.

We walked into the cheesy hall, to see that two extra tables had been added to both Gryffindor and Slytherin tables. That really got my curiosity going. By the Professors table, there was something cover with a sheet of cloth.

I wondered if I was the only one that had seen this, I mustn't have. There were hundreds of student in this school, someone would have seen these too.

I took my seat beside Ron and Harry, as per usual, and waited for Dumbledore to say his speech.

He said his speech, and then all the first years were sorted. And just when the ceremony would ah e ended, Dumbledore stood up, as if he was going to say something.

"I have an announcement! Hogwarts will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests, also. Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, the Tri-wizard tournament. I warn you, this tournament is not for the faint of heart, but more of that later.." Dumbledore was cut off when filch came running through the door and ran straight to him, whispered in his ear, then left.

"Now, please welcome, the girls of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and there headmistress, Madam Maxine." Dumbledore finished.

Around twelve girls ran into the Great hall wearing blue dresses, dancing and spinning around. A very tall woman, who I assumed was the Headmistress, walked in behind them. Her eyes met mine, an unrecognizable look on her face. She stared at me for a few moments longer before wiping the expression on her face and replaced it with a huge smile and turned her head away.

The girls finished and blue butterflies were flying everywhere.

"Now, our brothers from the north, the proud sons of Durmstrang, and their headmaster Igor Karkaroff." Announced Dumbledore.

The boys of Durmstrang marched in through the doors. They were doing all kinds of flips and tricks. Victor Krum marched into with the headmaster behind him. Whispers broke out, all throughout the great hall. Their little show ended with o e of the boys blowing a huge dragon made out of fire from his wand.

The great hall erupted into applause. Dumbledore silences us.