c h a p t e r ~ XV

'Welcome my children, you shall explore the noble art of divination

'Welcome my children, you shall explore the noble art of divination. In this room, you shall discover if you posses the sight!" Prof. Trelawney rambled.
"I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future!" I rolled my eyes, this lady was a nut shell.
"But know this, one either has the gift, or not. It cannot be divined from the pages of a book. Books only cloud ones inner eye." She continues.
"What rubbish." Hermione mutters. I turn around surprised.
"Where did you come from?" Ron asked.
"I been here the whole time." Ron look at me. I have him a shrug.
"You, boy! Is your grandmother well?" Trelawney asked Neville.
"I... I think so."
Trelawney picked up nevilles tea cup.
"Pity.." Neville looked terrified. Poor Neville. I'm sure his grandmother is fine. Trelawney a wack show.
"This time we shall be focusing on the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

I picked up Seamus's cup.

I looked into Seamus cup. It just looked like a normal empty cup of tea.

"Broaden your minds, my dears. Allow your eyes to see beyond!" I rolled my eyes. Why did I join this class?

"Your aura is pulsing! Are you on the beyond?" Ron looked at the professor like she was crazy.
"Yeah... sure."
"Tell me, what do you see?"
"Well. He's got a wonky sort of cross, that trials and suffering. But this lot here could be the sun, that's great happiness. So your going to suffer, but you'll be happy about it." Ron explained.
"Here, dear. Give me the cup." Ron handed Trelawney the cup. She took one glance in the cup, then dropped it in fear.
"My dear, that's the grim!"
"The grim?" I scoffed.
"What is that professor?" Parvati asked.
Lavender found the page and started reading.
"Taking the form of a giant, spectral, dog, among the darkest omens in our world. It is an omen... of death."
----------------------------------------------
"Death omens. Honestly. If you ask me, Divination's a very wooly discipline. Now, Ancient ruins. That's a fascinating subject." Hermione said as we were walking to our next class, Care of Magical Creatures.
"Ancient ruins? Exactly how many classes are you taking?" Ron asked, baffled.
"A fair few."
"Hang on, Ancient Runes is the same time as Divination. You'd have to be in 2 classes at once." I said confused.
"Don't be silly Edelen. Who could someone be in 2 places at once? Broaden your minds..." Hermione mimicked.

We reached Hagrids hut.
"C'mon now, get a move on! Got a real treat for yeh! Great lesson comin' up. Follow me." The four of us walked up to the rest of the group.

"Gather 'round. Find yerself a spot. That's it. Now, firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books."
"And exactly how do we do that?" Malfoy sneered.

"Yer stroke the spine of course!"
Hagrid said in disbelief. He walked away to go retrieve something.

"God this place is going to the dogs. Wait Until my father hears Dumbledores got this oaf teaching classes." Malfoy snickered. That really got my anger bubbling.
"Listen here, dear cousin, if I hear one more sly comment, I will rip your eyes out so you will literally never see the light of day again." I threatened.
"I'm so scared!" He challenged. I turned into a phoenix and chased Malloy around. The whole class was laughing and him. I was even chuckling in my bird form.

Hagrid came back with a big bird/horse type creature with wings and a beak.

"Beau'iful, isn't he?"
"Hagrid. Exactly What is that?" Ron asked.
"That, Ron, is a hippogriff. Now, firs' thing yeh gotta know is they're very proud creatures. Easily offended, Hippogriffs are. Don't ever insult one, 'cause it migh' be the las' thing yeh do. Right then, who wants ter come an' say hello?"

The entire class stepped back leaving Harry and I. I rolled my eyes.

"Good man Harry! Nice job Edelen!" Harry looked around, noticing that we were the only ones.

I approached the hippogriff.
"That's it. Easy now... stop! This Here's buckbeak, Edelen. Yeh ter let 'im make the firs' move. It's polite, see? Jus' take a step forward, give 'im a bow, and if he bows back, yeh're allowed to touch 'im. Ready?" Hagrid instructed.

I gave Buckbeak a bow. He bowed back.
"That's it Edelen. Now you can give 'im a pat." I approached the Hippogriff and pet his beak. He purred.
"Yer turn now 'Arry" Harry walked forward and bowed. Buckbeak stood on his hind legs and flapped his wings.
"Back off Harry! Back off!" Hagrid warned. Harry stepped back.
"It's ok Buckbeak, he's cool." I whispered to the Hippogriff. He bowed to Harry. Hagrid sighed in relief.
"Go ahead now, yer can pet 'im." Harry reached out to pet Buckbeak.
"Look at that! I reckon he migh' let yeh ride 'im!
"Excuse me?" Harry and I said in perfect sync.
Hagrid lifted Harry, who was thrashing about, and placed him into Buckbeak.
Hagrid did the same to me. I clutched onto Harry.

Hagrid hit Buckbeak on his behind and he went running and lifted from the ground.

I felt the familiar feeling of flying. Harry, on the other hand, was terrified.

We were flying over the black lake.
"Is this was it feels like when you fly?"Harry yelled.
"Exactly." I yelled back. He let out a laugh.

Harry extends his hands like they were wings.
"WHOOOOOO!" He yelled. I laughed. He was so cute. It was moments like these that I loved.

We finally landed and the whole class cheered.
"Good work, guys!" Hagrid congratulated.
"How am I doin' me firs' day?" Hagrid asked.
"Brilliant... Professor." I answered. Hagrid smiled and I returned it.

Suddenly Malfoy pushed past.
"Your not that dangerous, are you, you Great ugly brute-"
"Malfoy! No!" Hagrid yelled.

Buckbeak raised its talons and stroke Draco. Draco dropped to the ground in pain.
"It's killed me! It's killed me!" He screamed.
"Calm yourself! Yer fine... jus' a scratch..." Hagrid reassured, look at the deep cuts on Malfoys arm.
"Hagrid! He's got to be taken to a hospital."
"I'll take him. I'm the teacher. Class dismissed!"
"I'm going to get you! You and your bloody chicken!" Malfoy screamed. He was being dramatic.
----------------------------------------------
"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" Pansy asked. Were watching Draco from where were sitting.
"It comes and goes. Still... I consider myself lucky, According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or 2... and I could've lost my arm."
"The little git. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" I scoffed.
"At least Hagrid didn't get sacked." Harry reasoned.
"Yes, but I hear Draco's father's furious. I don't think we've heard the end of this." Hermione said.

Seamus burst through the door to the great hall with a paper in his hand.
"He's been sighted!" He yelled, throwing the paper on the table. Gryffindor's gathered around.
"Who?" Ron asked.
"Sirius Black." I whispered to myself.
----------------------------------------------
Enjoying the story? Tell me! Comment what you think of it so far!
Keep reading
:)