c h a p t e r ~ XVI

"Achintee? That's not far from here

"Achintee? That's not far from here." Hermione said with worry in her eyes.
"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville asked.
"With dementors at every entrance?" Lavender doubted.
"Dementors? He's already slipped past them once, hasn't he? Who's to say he won't do it again?" Dean asked. He made a point. At this point, no one was safe.
"That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. It's like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." A random Gryffindor said. He was right. I starred into my Fathers beading black eyes. I got the chills.
----------------------------------------------
It was DADA as we were all standing in front of a wardrobe that was rattling violently.
"Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess to what's inside?" Prof. Lupin asked.
"That's a boggart, that is." Seamus answered.
"Very good! Mr.Finnigan. Can anyone tell us what a bogart looks like?"
"No one knows." Hermione answered. When did she get here?
Ron voiced my thoughts. I gave him a shrug.

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes it so-" Hermione continued, and then was cut off by Prof. Lupin.
"Terrifying, Yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now, shall we? Without wands please.... Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!" The class coursed.
"This class is ridiculous." Malfoy sneered. I shot him a angry look and he shut up.

Over the past couple weeks, I had almost completely forgotten he was my cousin. It still stung, but I could handle it. It was almost hard to believe that we were best friends at one point.

"Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What finishes a Boggart off is...laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Neville, come up here, will you?"

Neville shuffled forward.

"What would you say is the thing that frightens you the most?"
"Profter Snafpt." Neville mumbled.
"Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry."
"Professor Snape." Neville said more clearly.
"Ah, yes. He frightens all. I believe you live with your grandmother?"
"Yes, but I don't want the boggart to turn into her either." The class laughed.
"It won't. But I want you to picture her clothes, very clearly in your mind. Can you do that." Neville closed his eyes in concentration.
"She carries a red hand bag..."
"We don't need to hear it. If you see it, we will. Now, when I open this wardrobe, Neville, here's what I want you to do." Lupin whispered something in Neville's ear. Neville gave a nervous nod and turned to the wardrobe.
"Right then. Wand at the ready! 1, 2, 3!"

Lupin opened the wardrobe and Prof. Snape walked out.

Neville hesitated for a moment, then said the incantation,
"Riddikulus!" With a flash of light, Snape was now dressed in a lace-trimmed dress, towering moth-eaten hat, and a crimson handbag.

Instantly, the class breaks into laughter.

Lupin put on some music
And pointed to Ron.
"Ron! Forward!"
Ron steps forward and Snape dissolves into a mad whirling mass, then mutates into a giant spider.

Lupin puts his hands on Rons shoulders to steady him. Ron raises his wand.

"Riddikulus!" Roller skates appear on the spiders feet. The spider begins to slip and slide in place.

"Everybody line up!" Everyone did. I was in front of Harry.

When it was my turn, the boggart shifted into my Father. The class gasped in fear.

I thought for a moment.
"Riddikulus!" Suddenly, he was dressed up like a toddler and was topped off with a lollipop in his hand.

The class burst out in laughter. I smirked proudly.

Take that, dad.

It was Harry's turn now.

The boggart turned into a dementor.

Prof. Lupin jumped in front of Harry. The boggart turned into the moon.
"Riddikulus." The moon turned into a balloon and flew around the room.
"Well done everyone. I think that's enough excitement for today. The class groaned and made their way out the door.
----------------------------------------------
"Remember! These visits to Hogsmead Village are a privilege. Should you behaviour reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be extended again." McGonagall warned. I was standing with Ron and Hermione. Harry was trying to convince McGonagall but she wouldn't let him go. I felt bad for Harry.

"This way everyone!" Called Prof. McGonagall. We followed her to Hogsmead.

Hogsmead was amazing. First we went to Honeydukes. There were a variety of colourful candies. I bought a box of every flavoured jelly beans, a few chocolate frogs, a huge lollipop the size of my head, and a box of liquorice wands.

Next, we made our way to Zonko's joke shop. Ron and the twins went crazy while Hermione and I went to the three broomsticks.

"So, how's it going with Harry?" Hermione asked, taking a sip out of her butter beer.
"Fine." I said, not really wanting to talk about it. I don't like talking about my feelings.
"Oh come on Eddie, I need more then 'fine'!"
"Well, to be honest, I don't know. I'm not very good at this stuff, ok!" Hermione rolled her eyes.
"What about you and Ron?" I said, raising an eyebrow. Hermione hit me in the arm.
"I do not fancy him!"
"That's what they all say."
----------------------------------------------
We were heading to the Gryffindor common room when the staircase was blocked by other students.
"What's the hold up? Did Neville forget the password again?" Ron said annoyed.
"Hey!" Neville says from behind me.
"Sorry." Ron muttered.

"Let me through please. Excuse me, thank you. I'm head boy..." Percy says trying to get through the crowd. When he does, he steps dead in his tracks.
"Back! All of you! No one is to enter this dormitory until it has been fully searched!" The four of us exchange a look.

Ginny came running up to us.
"The Fat Lady! She's gone!"

I go on my tippy toes to see the painting. It's has slash marks running through it. I gasped.

Dumbledore comes running in.
"Mr. Filch. Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle to find the fat lady." Dumbledore ordered.
"No need for ghosts, Professor." Filch says, point to another painting. Sure enough, the Fat Lady is trembling in a painting not of her own.

"Dear Lady, who did this to you?"
"Eyes like the devil, he's got. And a soul as dark as his name. It's him, headmaster, the one they talk about. He's here, in the Castle. Sirius Black."
"Omg." I whisper to myself. Harry puts his arm around my waist so I don't fall, which, I almost did. The whole Gryffindor common room looks at me. I blush furiously.
"Secure the castle, Mr. Filch. The rest you, to the Great Hall!"

Dumbledore had all the students sleep in the Great hall.
"Harry." I whispered. He was still awake.
"I cant sleep."
"Neither can I."
"Can I..." I trailed off. Harry opened his sleeping back. I slid inside.
"Thanks." Harry put a protective arm around me.

Right when I was on the verge of sleep. Dumbledore and Snape walked in.
"Remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter Hogwarts castle on one's own, completely undetected..." Snape started.
"You may recall, prior to the start of term, I did express my concerns when you appointed Professor-" Dumbledore cut Snape off.
"I do not believe a single professor in this castle would have helped Sirius Black enter it, Severus. No... I feel quite content that The castle is safe. And I am more than willing to let the students return to their houses. But tomorrow. For now let them sleep..."
What Dumbledore said next will still with stay with me forever.
"In dreams we enter a world that's entirely our own. Let us swim through the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud."
I fell right asleep.
----------------------------------------------
That quote is probably my favourite thing Dumblore ever says.
Comment what yours is.
Keep reading
:)