eighteen

Ten years ago.

Kim Doyun was sat in the middle of the cell, waiting anxiously for the moment to come.

He had been in prison for nearly eight years, accused of raping a woman. Did he really do it? No one knew, but he insisted that he was awfully drunk and didn't want to do it.

When the judge announced he would be in prison for eight full years, there was tension and tears in the court, mostly from his pregnant wife, Lee Ayeong. She knew that her husband had made a mistake, but she also knew that he had done it unconsciously, and was prepared to accept it. But she was now facing the fact that her child was to grow up without a father. Sure, she could show him many values of life but the love of a father would still not be there.

Her child was born on the streets, when the family didn't have any source of income because of Doyun being away.

With help from friends she was able to survive and get a small apartment, stuffy and dirty, but 'livable' I guess.

As each year passed and her little child grew, she made the decision to take him to meet his father.

The six year old staggered innocently into the hallway which was surrounded by various cells on each side, full of sweaty and rough-looking men. Ayeong felt vulnerable under their dirty gaze and disrespectful words that were spat at her, but she remained silent, holding the boy close so the men wouldn't touch him with their longing hands.

"Taehyung! My boy!" Doyun had cried as he saw the little boy squirm away from his touch. He was scared of his own father but it wasn't his fault. That jail was a disgraceful place.

And that was why Ayeong never came back, afraid of the prisoners.

Now Doyun was waiting for the guard to let him out. Surely Taehyung would have grown in these two years since he saw him for the first time, and he would be able to get to know his son, and make a man out of him.

He smiled at the thought, and before he knew it, he was breathing in the fresh air of the city.

He was ecstatic as he sprinted through the streets as if he were a kid.

But fate decided that on his little journey home, he would come across some old friends of his, the drunkards that were the cause of his monotonous time in jail.

He would be forced to take drugs, and let out on the streets late at night, made fun of for being so high, and believe me, he was.

The amount of alcohol he took in that night caused him to arrive home without warning, and when Ayeong ran to him, weeping tears of joy, he pushed her to the floor and stabbed her with a knife.

Suddenly he realized what he had just done, and seeing there was no turning back, he jabbed himself, too. The last thing he heard before staggering outside and collapsing to the ground was Taehyung, his son's screaming voice as he saw his dying eomma on the floor.

What happened after that was tragic.

Little Taehyung was not stupid, and he remembered the face of his father. The same face who begged to be let out when he visited him that time in jail.

They were both dying and that was too much for a child.

But Taehyung was awfully mature at the age of eight and while sobbing uncontrollably, he stabbed himself.

Thankfully, he had little force, so the knife didn't go deep enough to kill him.

__

He was saved by the police, and while he was being operated on, he dreamt of blood and death. It was a blurred moment and an awfully traumatic experience for such a young kid.

That's why little Taehyung deleted his medical history.

That's why he invented his mothers' "recent" death. He didn't want people to think lowly of him.

And that was why he was so happy in the following years.

He wanted nothing but that, happiness. He wanted the happiness that he hadn't been able to live in his childhood.

___

Wow this is the longest chapter I've ever written.

Word count-741

Anyway this was a little chapter explaining Tae's past to leave you hanging for the last chapter.

Ily all ♥