fifteen

They had been in a relationship for two weeks and they couldn't wish for more. Jungkook's stress was disappearing, and he could see into Taehyung, and know that he was full of love.

He woke up one Saturday morning to see Tae's beautiful face, soundly asleep. He cuddled him and lay down on his chest, to feel the beats of his heart.

There were no beats. He shifted on the bed, listening for calming sounds but there was no sound.

"Taehyung..." he saw that he was not breathing and his face was becoming red.

                       ___________

"IT'S A TEENAGER,"

"LIFT HIM UP,"

"OK, CAREFUL,"

"HURRY, PUT THE MASK ON HIM,"
...

"NO, YOU CAN'T COME, HE'S IN CRITICAL CONDITION,"

"HE'S BREATHING!"

"LET'S GO..."

"HE NEEDS..."

                          _______

Jungkook lay astonished, watching as a crowd of uniformed people were taking Tae away.

Please be ok please be ok...
Taehyung you can't leave me now.

A day passed and Jungkook received a call from the hospital.

He rushed immediately to where Tae's room was and was greeted with a warm smile.

Doctor Jin.

"Hello Jungkook," he took his glasses off.

He noticed someone laid down on the white sheets, wires connecting to him and a screen where his pulse was beeping.

"I-is he alright?"

Doctor Jin sighed. "We found out what is happening to him. Remember the panic attacks?"

Kookie nodded.

"Well, that's because his body is not functioning correctly. It's really common in people of a young age. But what happened yesterday... Is different.

Sometimes, when a weak person feels a very strong emotion.. Kind of like anger, he can get a stroke. But this time it's love. You see, when someone is in love their body releases substances into it, like adrenaline, and they have the same effects as drugs.

Taehyung... It's strange. There are very few documented cases of this disprder. Those substances.. " he hesitated." are harmful to him, "

Jungkook froze."Are you saying... That-"

"That in a way, love can kill me," Taehyung had woken up, and he was grinning.

"Tae please don't joke about this," Jungkook rushed to his side.

"Don't," Doctor Jin said. "I'm sorry, but it's best if you keep a small distance from him. It's very clear that he's in love with you, and that is not good,"

Jungkook fell to his knees. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Jin caught hold of his arm and gently tugged him. "It's...best if you leave,"

Tae's smile vanished.

"Stop! I want to be with Jungkook, even if that can cost me my life," Tae screamed. "Kookie-ah please stay! I love you and I don't care if I die!"

"H-hes getting nervous. Please leave," Jin became worried, seeing Tae so agitated.

"Tae..I-I'm sorry, I-I think it's for your good," Jungkook started to cry, while running away, not daring to look at his boyfriend for fear of harming him.

"Jungkookie!!!" Tae began to shake. His eyes became red and he couldn't breathe.

He didn't know it, but love, in a way, could harm him, but the absence of love could do worse.