seven

Three days has passed since Jimin had left, which also meant that Tae and Jungkook had been practically living together. Jungkook had somehow managed to find every one of the older’s little habits irritating, like when he randomly hugged him from behind, played peekaboo or mumble incoherent words at night. It was driving him insane.

To add to it, Yoongi had basically adopted Jimin as his sweet loving mochi, the younger being completely elated with the idea. In other words, they had started dating and Jimin spent all day with him in his house. That meant that Jungkook couldn't kick Tae out with the excuse that his roommate needed his bed back. So he had accepted the facts and tried to get used to it.

The fog hung low, humidity laid onto the street acting like a blanket. Windows, scattered droplets racing down from last night’s rain. An alarm, for school, was beeping continuously. Jungkook was buttoning his shirt up, confused as to why Taehyung wasn't turning his alarm off. The smell of his deodorant hung around the bathroom, where the mirror was clouded because of his shower. He walked over to the room to check on him.

He made a ‘tsk’ sound as he saw the boy huddled under e covers.

"Taehyung we're going to be late!" he shook him. "Taehyung!"

He pulled the covers off his head and was confused to see Tae wide eyed, breathing unsteady and chest heaving up and down.

"Tae… w-what happens…” Jungkook gasped.
"I-I can-t...a-air..pleas-" he signalled to his throat, tears welling up at his wide eyes.

Oh god.

"T-taehyung can you breathe?"

"a-air... j-jungkook-kie" he panted, face becoming red.

Desperate hands latched onto his shoulders, Jungkook hovering above him in frustration.

He started shaking uncontrollably under Jungkook's protective grasp. He held his arms and leaned over him, trying to get him to relax. They held each other, Tae thrown into a frenzy while an agitated Jungkook tried to keep him calm.

"Shh.. Tae-tae, relax, please,"

Tae-tae.

Tears started spilling down his cheek at the sudden flashback to his childhood.

"Tae, what's happening!" Jungkook screamed. He was scared. In another circumstance he wouldn't have admitted it, but the image of Taehyung’s red face, bloodshot eyes and blue lips sent shivers down his spine. He didn't want to lose him, no matter how much he tried to deny it to himself.

"Air," he managed to say before inhaling sharply and coughing.

Jungkook thought fast. He took his face in his hands and connected his lips to Tae's. He moved softly and slowly, making Tae become more comfortable and relaxed. He placed a hand on the back of the older's neck, deepening the…near-kiss and leaning towards the headboard.

He stayed like that, almost breathing life into him as he kissed him over and over, each time more passionate and long. Taehyung closed his eyes, grip tightening on his shoulders as his breathing became more regular.

Once Tae was somewhat recovered, he pulled his lips away, stroking his hair while whispering calming words.

"Shh... It's over now, it's over,"

They lay down on the small bed, Jungkook pulling Tae's back against his chest, and he wiped away his tears with his hands.

"K-Kookie," Tae whispered, laying his head on his broad chest.

And for once... Just that once, Jungkook felt a warm buzzing feeling in his stomach, glittering at the mention of his once dreaded nickname.

"Hmm?" he groaned.

"School... W-we're late,"

"We're staying here today Tae-tae. Don't worry about school," he smiled burying his face in the crook of his neck.

They cuddled all morning. For the first time in forever, Taehyung had found something to make him feel better, someone that made him feel safe and loved.