one

Jungkook took paused, hesitant steps into the recess area of his new high school, one part of him scared of who he will encounter, yet another side relieved as this was his last year of school before going off to university. His heart also throbbed at the thought of finding his special someone at this place.

A neatly clothed lady caught his attention with a subtle wave of the hand. “Mr Jeon?” she raised her thinly trimmed eyebrows at him. He replied with an enthusiastic nod, following the teacher’s finger, which pointed at the far end of the corridor.

“Class B,” she stated waving him off.

                               ______

Classes went by in a flash of time. He had managed to get through without getting distracted by anything, which was a good start. He felt like this was his opportunity to work hard, something he had been procrastinating on...for like forever. He put his head up and triumphantly walked out, where he was met by a flock of swarming teenagers invading the outdoors.

Jungkook took out his lunch, mouth already starting to water as he very wrongly decided to skip breakfast that morning.

Just as he was about to take his sandwiches out, he felt big warm hands covering his eyes from behind. A rarely deep voice proceeded to laugh, but the action was done in such a cute manner that it made Jungkook disconcerted.

"Hi!" he giggled. "Guess who I am," the owner of the hands said in a childish sort of tone, before removing them from the younger’s eyes and sitting next to him, eyes resembling those of an owl.

"Uh.. I don't know..." Jungkook started, looking at the other boy’s face, trying to remember if he had seen him before. Glowing, tan skin, perfectly symmetrical features and a small freckle on his nose. No, he was definitely sure he didn’t know him.

"It's Tae! Or you might know me as Taehyung. The one who texted you yesterday?" he replied excitedly.

Jungkook widened his eyes. That boy?

"Oh.. So it's you. Wait, how did you even know it was me? We haven't met in person, right?"

“Your profile picture, silly,” Tae’s lips parted into a boxy smile. His teeth, perfectly aligned, shone at him. He chuckled and started to eat. As he saw that the younger was simply sitting there, eyebrows knitting together in confusion, mouth agape, he nudged him and signalled towards his food.
"Jungkook, right?" he asked.

"Um yeah-"

"Can I call you Kookie?"

Jungkook was taken aback for a moment and then nodded, shrugging.

"Why Kookie though?" he said while putting a spoonful of noodles in his mouth.

"I don't know, you just seem very cute, and cute is sweet right? Sweet means cookies, and now Kookie means you!" Tae explained and smiled once again.

Jungkook shrugged again and continued to eat, now only silence remained between them.

                            _________

Jungkook switched off his phone, sighed and went to sleep