twelve

Taehyung was always the first to wake up after that. He would say "good morning," in a monotonous voice, contrary to his usual bubbly tone, and he would stagger to the kitchen, making himself his own breakfast. They no longer had meals together.

At school he would shoot Jungkook awkward glances and when they crossed paths in the corridors a weak smile would be the only thing Kookie would receive from him. The only thing keeping them together was the fact that they lived in the same apartment.

"Kook!" a soft voice awakened him from his thoughts. Jimin approached him with a worried look, and behind him was Yoongi, carrying a big pile of books.

"What," he mumbled.

"What happened to Tae? He's been getting much lower grades since you last called me about the kiss in the park,"

Kook shushed him and dragged the pair to a corner, looking around to see if someone was eavesdropping.

"I don't know what happened between us, ok? He just kept going on about how he's not worth loving and... When I found him in the park... He looked so weak. I know that he's not OK. But I just don't know how to get to him. I went from being the only one he had to the one that brings him pain, "

Jimin fell silent, looking down at his shoes. Yoongi was holding his hand, stroking it lovingly.

I wish I could do that with Tae.

"H-hey, Kook, what's wron-"

He stormed away before Jimin could say any more.

"Hey, baby it's OK. Maybe he just needs some time alone," Yoongi sighed, kissing him sweetly on the cheek before smiling.

Jimin shook his head, laughing.

"They'll get together again, I'm sure,"

____

OoF that was short