eleven

Time started to drag by and Jungkook became extremely uncomfortable. He couldn't stand the idea of Tae alone on the streets, late at night without knowing where to go helpless and freezing to death.

He started to become nervous as four hours passed, slowly and achingly. It was nearly midnight.

He finally made a decision. He grabbed his thick fur coat and headed outside, determined to find Taehyung.

                             ______

"Sorry, have you seen a man-"

"Fuck off,"

He pouted as everyone seemed to ignore him as he searched, frowning heavily.

Jungkook was desperate. No one seemed to have seen him. He sat down on a bench at the side of the road and rubbed his knuckles together. It was really cold and small specks of white snow were decorating his hair. He let out a tear of frustration and humiliation.

I should have stayed with him. I'm so fucking dumb for leaving him alone at the park.

The park. Of course! Maybe he was still there. Jungkook felt a small ray of hope shine in his head and ran towards the place which had seen their kiss.

                          _______

He was there. He was in the exact same position as he left him in, completely spaced out, eyes closing form time to time. He didn't have a coat on, only a thin sweater and his pants. His ears were numbing red and his hands were beginning to whiten. His lips were cracked and quivering. He looked awful. Jungkook regretted everything at that moment. He shouldn't have left him alone.

He took hold of his coat and put it over him, roughly pulling him closer till he was hugged against him, cupped his freezing face and said,

"Let's get you home Taetae,"

And Tae never said a word. He just gazed at Jungkook with stabbing pain in his eyes while he put him into a hot bath with care and culpability. He let the steam fill the room as the older slowly relaxed in the calming water.

                           ______

An hour or so later, when Taehyung had been tucked into bed, he finally spoke.

"Kookie," he mumbled. The latter rapidly turned his head.

"Tae I'm sorry. I never should have left you alone in the middle of nowhere. I shouldn't have broken that... That kiss. I'm so sorry Taehyu-"

"Kookie I was going to say that it doesn't matter. It's OK. You were confused. I'm not angry at you. I can never be,"

THIS... This angel. How could he never be angry? He had done horrible things to him. He had rejected him twice!

"But Tae I've been very bad to you! Aren't you mad?"

"Kookie-ah..." he looked down, sighing heavily. He looked tired. "I've learnt that you can't solve things by being angry. You have to understand other people's circumstances. You don't like me, that's ok. Even though it might hurt, I won't be bad to you,"

"But that's the point Tae, I think I do like y-"

"You always say that you think stuff. It would be helpful if you said what you really feel and not what you think you feel," His eyes drooped and he looked at him with a weak smile. "It's ok Kookie. I understand. I'm not the person to fall in love with I guess,"

Jungkook froze. How could he speak like that? He tugged at his head in frustration. He watched Tae until he fell asleep, each one of his soft breaths making his heart beat a bit slower. Until he, too, slept.

___

sad fluff