Day VIII Hour 10

The officer drives me to my house. I look out my window, watching as I past inklings and octolings. "You promise you won't tell anyone I was in the hospital right?" I said with plead. "I won't, if it's that bad," the officer said. "It's not bad, but thank you," I said. He pulls into the driveway of my house. I close the car door when I stepped out. "Thank you," I told the officer. I paste to my front door and knocked on it for lazy Grandpa to answer. "For the millionth time, I don't want your cookies," Grandpa opened the door, not acknowledging me. He looks at me in the eye. "...Marie?" He said actually locking eyes with me. "Hey Gramps," I smile. He gives me an awkward, but tight hug. "Why aren't you at school? You're sluffing?" He said a bit angrily. "No, I would never do that," I said very tiredly. "Then what?" He asks. "I was at the hospital, DJ Octavio and his octolings attacked," I said. His eyes widen, "Well, are you ok?" He said with worry. "I'm okay, Callie is okay too," I said. "Well, are you going to school today?" He asks. "If I really have to..." I sighed, I really don't want to today. "Well, you don't have to," Grandpa said quietly. "Really? You won't make me?" I ask with glee. "Yeah, I won't make you. On one condition," he said firmly. "Yeah?" I spat out. "Got to watch a marathon with me," he jokes. "Fine," I roll my eyes smiling. He lets me go in, and I walk to our grand piano. I let my fingers do what they want, gently pressing every key. Then I started to play my single, The Tide Goes Out. It's a fun song to play, I actually sang with it. Now that I thought of it, I should of asked that squid person that owned the new bar if I should of played. But then again, I am singing solo, so at least I didn't. I was playing for such a long time, I forgot to charge my phone. I played a song by Yiruma. Dream. Though I don't know why he called it that, probably to say 'Dream Big' or some cheesy thing like that. I remembered I wanted to charge my phone. I got up from the creaky wooden piano bench and walked up the stairs with my phone almost slipping from my hands. I plug it in, knowing it will take hours to charge.

I waited until it at least said five percent so I can see my notifications. It finally powers on, and my phone buzzes with endless notifications, texts, etc. I waited for my phone to stop, it still went on. It does one last buzz, and took a long break. I eagerly turned on my phone. I scroll all the way down to the beginning. It was Grandpa first texting last night:

"Marie?

Hey, what is goin on?

Marie, answer the dang phone!

Marie?

????

?!!!

Marie please answer now!!

NOW!

Marie, this is grandpa answer the fried phone you cripplin carp!

Ok, I'm sorry I called you that I need you to answer."

Next, it was all of these fan mail. I skimmed through it until it started with Chiyoko.

"hey marie, so want to practice today?

marie, is there something wrong? why aren't you at school?

marie... are you mad at me? is that why you won't answer?

hey, want me to get the homework today?"

I couldn't leave her on read, so I replied to her. "Yes I would like the homework plz, come to my house we can practice there, and do homework." I sent the message to her and went back to my notifications. I got spammed with likes, comments, on my posts from obsessed fans. I examine all of the comments, they were all nice. I got random numbers texting me, saying, "Give me a shout out! Dude we shall be friends!" I crack a smile reading them, I scroll up to see... Agent 4 texting me.

"Marie, so did you hear about the shooting at the hospital?

...Did I do something wrong?

Marie?

Well, I guess I will see yuh tomorrow...

Why aren't you at school?

Marie...

Sorry for texting you so much...

I hope I'm not bothering anything important.

Marie where are you? Everyone is worried..."

My phone started glitching, it started to get hot, too hot. The phone jumps out of my palms and onto the floor, still plugged into the charger. I hear violent but quiet pounding on the wooden door. I ran downstairs and peeked through the door hole. It was Chiyoko, she was wearing a black beanie, a black tight crop top, and a black short shorts. She wore a oversized camouflage sweater over it. I answer the door, she smiled brightly. "Come in," I usher Yoko to come in.