Day XII Hour 12

Callie

Dear journal, Marie keeps getting more distant saying things like "not today cal I'm busy" or "Callie just give me some space alright?" I wish I could really tell Marie what's going on then maybe she could help me. Maybe she could tell me "Cal living is worth it just find the light in every dark time." but no I keep living the same night mare every day. I'm starting to think there might not be anymore light for me. I do love my family just not my life. I guess I'll just fake it till I make it.

***
Marie

Lunch arrived. Of course, all of our table were here, me, Pearl, and Marina. I ate some delicious left over oyakudon from last night after lessons. "So, what are you going to do,now that you know Callie's bullies?" Pearl asks with mouthful of food. "Don't know," I quickly answer. "Nothing?!" Pearl assumes, swallowing her food. The two are starting to get on my nerves. Frustrated from overthinking, and the annoying cafeteria, I threw my food away and avoided coming back. It's weird, how my emotions are, well... shown. I hid my emotions for the longest time, even positive ones. I always had a blank stare, I would only smile for pictures. Even then, I still had the dull gold eyes. Just like mother. Everyone that knows Grandpa say, "Another Valori? Hey Valori, you haven't changed since the last time I saw you! Changing up the ink for the day, eh Valori?" Grandpa sometimes played along... which always made me pissed at him. He didn't care though, I knew he secretly didn't care about me. But in public, it's like he almost smothers me. Wonder what mother would do... if she heard that I was her twin.

I passed by Koro and Deji, them two hugging. Looks like they found her. The two were talking to a random inkling. I decided to listen on them, why would they talk to anyone else but their group? "Guess what I saw yesterday, that you two need to know," the inkling grins at Koro and Deji. "Make it quick, we're about to leave," Deji crosses her arms, chomping on her minty gum. "You have a traitor, that uh... that Sayuri girl? Yeah she told Marie about you three being Callie's bullies. Sayuri was in disguise, but Marie found her out." The inkling blabbed. Someone... was actually watching us? It made my heart sink, turning pale. Just then Sayuri saw her people, and that damned inkling. "There you two are, I've been looking for you," Sayuri speaks, walking towards them. Deji collapses onto her knees bursting in tears. "My own twin, a TRAITOR!" Deji points a finger at Sayuri dramatically. Her mascara was all over the place, mixing with her salty tears. "WHAT THE HELL SAYURI?! YOU BITCH!" Koro inches to Sayuri, then wacks his hand across her cheek, leaving a stinging mark. She wobbled backwards, softly clutching her cheek and wincing in pain. I need to end this.

I came out of my hiding spot, and marched on over to the four. "Hey, not cool," I folded my arms and gave them a scowl. "Hey hey, look who joined the party," Koro smirks. "Looks like I crashed it, oops," I shrug. "Piss off Ms. Student Council," Deji punches my shin. I caught my balance before I could fall over in pain. "Yeah, get lost." Koro snaps. "No," I shook my head. Dead silence filled the scene. That's when Koro tried to punch my face. I thought I wouldn't be able to, but I catch his fist before it touched my face. I tighten my grip on his fist, making it harder to pull away. "Just stop now." He tries to worm his hand free, I start to twist his arm, making him go down to his knees. I stop, and started walking away. I'm not going to hurt them, I'm not like them. That's when Koro grabbed me and pinned me to the wall, making me hit my head against the wall. "Do you want to play ruff? I can play ruff," his fingers digs into my wrists. I glared at him without a word. His face grew angrier. "DO YOU?!" He makes me hit the wall again. He inched closer to my face, we could of just kissed.

Footsteps came towards us, which got Koro off guard. I got the chance, and I kicked his nuts, he turned paler than the moon. He collapses by his girlfriend, then I saw Satomi. "Marie?" Satomi questions very worryingly. "I'm okay Satomi, chill," I walked to him with a half smile. I remembered about the stupid inkling that just sat there and watched the whole thing happen. I whip to them, but they vanished. "Marie what hap-" "I want to leave right now," I interrupt Satomi. "Okay,..." he stutters. I start storming off, Satomi like a little pup follows me. "YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK!" Koro screams behind us. I ignored him, and me and Satomi left.

***
Callie

Dear journal, I really can't take much more of this today at school Deji, Sayuri and there friends slammed my head against the bathroom sink until I passed out. I woke up in a bathroom stall with dried blood all over my soft face. I washed it off and tried to get to class but it was too late school was over. I waited for Marie with my pink hoodie over my face so she could not see how bad it was. When we got home I took it off her eyes sparked with fear "OH MY COD!" she screamed "Cal!? What happened?" "Oh um I just fell in gym and scraped my face" I couldn't tell her the truth. "Oh silly ya big dork" Marie laughed at my lie and went to her room to draw. I'm getting ready to just leave.