26

Unedited

26. Reconciliation

As soon as Ethan called my name, he walked his way into me. By then, he quickly put his right arm to my waist and give me a temple kiss. As always, it gives my heart a tumble and my lips curved into a sweet smile. I could get used to it, I told myself.

A clearing of throat made me bring back to my senses. I turn around and see my Papa looking on us with narrow eyes. I felt my cheeks heated because of it. I look at Ethan and notice that he isn't affected by the looks my grandfather is giving us.

"Haven't I told you to go home, boy?" My grandfather asked Ethan in his cold voice. I pouted secretly by how he talked with my Ethan. I felt his arm tighten his hold on my waist.

"My home is wherever my Snow White is." Ethan said without taking his eyes off me which made my heart tumbles once more.

"Just please." I heard Clark sighed dramatically with both his hands suspended in the air and even if I didn't look, I know he is making faces right now.

"Are you hungry?" Ethan asks.

"Hmm." The only sound I can make right now and he easily understood.

"What do you want to eat, Snow White?" He asks again as if we are the only ones here - not minding my grandfather and Clark infront of us.

"Anything will do, I guess." I said in my half whisper voice.

"Looks like our presence are not much needed here." Papa said in a defeated voice. "Well then, I will go now to my room to rest." When he looks at me, I know he is waiting for me to do something. So, I separate myself with Ethan and run to my Papa's waiting arms.

"Have a good rest, Papa." I whispered. "I have missed you."

"I missed you, too my princess." He said and kissed my forehead.

"No monkey business again, boy." He said to Ethan as a warning. I wonder why did my Papa said, "again".

When I look at Ethan with question, he just shrug and motion me to come beside him.

"What about you, superman?" I suddenly asked as I noticed his quietness.

"I needed to go somewhere." He put his hands inside his jeans pocket. "Business."

"Where are you staying, then." I gave him a smile. "Are you going back here?"

"Probably in the nearest hotel where I'll have my business." He said. "Don't worry about me, princess. I'll be going back after a few days."

"Take care, superman." I murmur.

"I will." He said while giving me a brief smile. Then, he glanced at Ethan. "I still doubt your intention with my.. our princess."

Ethan grinned. "She's my girl. Mine. I don't take any opinions from like you."

"This is so yummy."

After Clark left us, Ethan made something for me. I didn't know that he can cook. I still giggles while remembering how sexy he was while cooking. I instantly blushed on the choice of words I used to described him.

"Glad you like it." He murmur.

"Of course!" I cheerfully said. "No matter what you cook, I will love it." I said while continue eating. He told me that the dish is called, Chicken Tinola. If I may describe, it is a chicken soup with green leaves flavored with ginger, onions, and fish sauce. I think I fell in love with this.