6

Edited

6. Sister

The bell rang as our fourth subject ended. It is now our lunch break. My classmates are going outside the room. I look over the window and sigh. Summer didn't shown up. I feel so disappointed. I wonder where she is. I look at Ethan and his friends. They're chatting about something and all the students around them were ogling at them like crazy. Maybe, I can ask them? I cleared my throat. Ethan is the first to look.

"You need anything, baby?" Again. The endearment. But I will let it pass this time.

"Ahm..." He looks at me intently. His gray eyes look so intimidating and gorgeous. He leans into me.

"Hmm?" His eyes soften and urging me to go on. Now Liam, Eric, and Blake are also looking at me, curiously.

"Are you going to ask us again a certain word?" Eric taunted which made me frown. He earns another glare from Ethan.

"Hey! Joke! Nagbibiro lang naman ako!" He defended. "Seryoso naman ng hari."

"I just wanted to know if you guys, uhm, know..." I cleared my throat and continue. "...a girl named, Summer Howe?" When they didn't response, my shoulder sagged in disappointment. If they didn't recognized her name, maybe I entered the wrong class. I should talk with the person in charge of the students list.

"Why are you asking about that girl?" Liam asks.

"She is the reason why I transferred here."

"You said her name is Summer Howe. You both has the same surname and well, your names are quite the same. You know, Winter and Summer. Is she your sister or something?" Blake curiously asks.

"You're right." I smile. "She's my older sister."

"Woah." Eric reacted while Blake and Liam had their lips parted. Ethan did not react. He still have this poker face look.

"Seasons, huh." Liam commented. "Nice names. I wonder if there's an Autumn and Spring in your family." He commented further.

"I second that. Your parents must love those seasons." Blake commented too. Still, Ethan haven't said any words but squeezing my hand in comfort and support. I wonder what he is thinking.

"So you transferred here to study in the same school of your sister?" Blake asks again.

"U-huh. Yes." I murmur.

"Does she knew you're here?" Typical question to ask. That was Erik.

"No." I frown. How can I, right?

"Then, you should call her now." Liam said. "Tell her that you're here." Again, how?

"I can't." I whispers.

"Why?" Liam's frown was visible that it looks cute on him. But I won't tell him that.

"I didn't have any communication with her for a year now." I murmured sadly. "She ran away. I just found out recently that she went here in the Philippines. That's why I flew all the way here." I look over to them and they gave me a look of sympathy. I felt Ethan's arm around my shoulder.

"We'll find her, okay?" Ethan finally speak but in a small tone with finality. He looks so serious while staring at me.

"But I thought she is in this class?" That made me confused. Based on the records, she is in this class. But why did Ethan and his friends never know her? "I was told that she's here..."

"We'll figure it out." Eric said. "Don't be sad." He touches my head and messes with my hair.

"Don't touch." Ethan warned him. If looks could kill...