4

Edited

4. Holding Hands

"You." I whispered as the elevator door closes. His gaze never leave me. For some reasons, his eyes really got my attention. I love his eye color. I suddenly remembered what happened last week. "Uhm... Are you okay now?" I worriedly asked but suddenly wondering if he could still remember me. "I mean, do you still remember me? We met last week, we accidentally bumped on you and -" He lips turn upward. He started to walk towards me. He is kind of weird, I guess. "Hey?" He just moves forward as I step backward. I feel conscious. I am now cornered between the elevator walls and his body. "Yes?" I ask lowly. My heart is beating so fast.

"You're here." He whispered.

"Uhm, you could say that. I mean, I will be studying here." I tried to smile even if my heart will burst out anytime soon. "So, do you remember me?" I asked again."We met last-"

"Never." His lips formed into a thin line. "I will never forgot." He said again. I look at his eyes directly. I am really attracted to his eyes. I was so lost in his eyes that I didn't noticed that he already got my schedule out of my hands.

"Hey, that's mine!" I tried to get it from him but he raised his hand which is holding my schedule. He is taller than me and I can't reach it out from his grasp. It made me frown. "Give it to me now, you!" I ordered but he just chuckles. I saw him reading my schedules in an upward way.

"We are in the same class." He said lowly but enough for me to hear. Somehow, it made me feel relieved to know. At least, I know someone here.

"Really?" He nods and smiles. "That's... cool, I guess." I said as the elevator signifies that we are already in the fourth floor. I got out first from the elevator and I felt him trailing behind me. I remembered my room number written on my schedule. I slowly walk and look towards the hall as I search for it.

The room is not very hard to find as it is the first one near the elevator. I glance at my wrist watch, I only have six minutes to settle in. I look at him behind me. His right hand is holding my schedule list and his other hand is inside his jean pocket. Now that I noticed, he looks good in our school uniform - white polo with dark blue neck tie and dark blue slack pants. He caught me looking. I felt my cheeks blushed and I looked away.

We stopped in front of our classroom. I breathe in deeply; chanting that I can do it. I'm so nervous right now. I am about to open the door when he stops me.

"Why?" He didn't respond but handed me my schedule list, instead. "Right, thanks." I mumble.

"Come on."

"Okay-" I didn't continue what I'm about to say when he suddenly grabs my right hand and reaches for the door. My eyes widened and my cheeks blushed with his gesture. His hand felt warm against mine. As the door opens, silence welcomes us. I look at his back then my gaze turns around. It made my cheeks blushed deeper as I noticed that all eyes are in us.

"Nice one, dude!" I look at the one who said that. Oh, the chinky-eyed boy. His gaze turns to me. "Hi miss!" I gave him a little smile. "Nice meeting you again." I look at his side and saw the other two boys from last week. So, they are classmates?

"Shut up!" Ethan told the chinky-eyed boy and he seems pissed. The other two are teasing him too.

"So, you found her?" The blonde guy said as he looks at me. Found who?

"You're so whipped!" The boy with dimples said while laughing. I don't know their name. Ethan starts walking. He is still holding my hand. I tried to get it off from him and every time I did that, his firm got tighter. I don't like this. He is still a stranger to me. The only thing that I knew from him is his first name. Or was it really his first name or just a nickname? I pout at my own thinking.