10

Unedited

10. His Strength

"Tara Winter. Punta tayo sa gym."

I am currently reading here in the school library. Only few students were here, as I heard. And here on my right side is Anya. Yes, the girl I met in student council room. It was already a week since the incident happened. Until now, I can't help but felt hurt when I thought about it. Anyway, Anya and I became friends since then. I found that she is very kind and bubbly.

"Ano?" Anya asks again. "Tara, dali!" She keeps glancing on her wrist watch. "Malalate na tayo sa game!" Even though she is speaking in Tagalog, I can still understand her. Ethan and his friends keep teaching me every day.

"What game?" I ask back. I heard her irritably sighed.

"I keep telling you this, since yesterday." She pouted. "It's the basketball game match with the other school."

"Oh." I am not into sports. Actually, I hate watching games like that. I rather read my books. "I am not interested." I mumble. "You go."

"Ano ka ba?!" She exasperates. "Andun sila Ethan. Kasali sila sa team." I just shrug.

Actually, Blake told me about it the other day. He asked me if I can watch the game. But I told him, I am not really interested in watching basketball games or any other kind of games. But I told him, good luck. I also talked with Ethan and said that I'm sure they'll win. But the look in his eyes when I told Blake that I will not come was unreadable. Liam and Eric insisted more. To stop them from bugging me, I told them that will try. Now, I think I don't want to go. I just get bored on there.

"Ayaw mo talagang pumunta?" Anya mutters sadly. I nod.

"I don't." She is really sad. "But... if I got tired of reading, I'll probably follow you there." I gave her a cheeky grin. Her eyes filled with joy.

"Really?" She excitedly asks.

"Yes." I said. "Just give me half an hour." I murmur.

"Alright. I'll wait for you in there." She excitedly said as she left.

I glance at my library's wall clock. It's been half an hour now since Anya left. I sigh as I close the book in front of me. Maybe, I can continue it later. I suddenly thought of Ethan. He became very busy for his practice game the whole week. But he never failed to accompany me during lunch time. And of course, he still holds my hand every time. I smile with that. Somehow, I am getting used to it. But I wonder, how long will he holds my hand?

As I enter the gymnasium, loud cheering and yelling welcomes me. It's so noisy that it nearly broke her ears. I glance down and saw the players. It felt so intense. But there's one person who caught her eyes. Ethan. I just stand at the corner and watch him. My forehead creased as I notice that he keeps glancing around. It's like he is searching for... someone? He looks out of focus.

"Ano kaya ang nangyayari kay Ethan?" I heard someone asks. It caught my attention and listen to them. I glance at my side and saw four girls talking.

"Oo nga, kanina pa sya ganyan." The girl with a pony-tailed said. "Parang may hinahanap ata sya e. Kanina pa sya tingin ng tingin sa paligid." So, I am right. He is searching for someone. But who? I frown. That someone must be so important to him. Is it a girl? I bitterly ask myself.

"Napansin mo din pala, girl?"

"Oo naman. Halatang halata kaya sya."

"Sino naman kaya ang hinahanap nya?"