24

Unedited

24. Bestfriend

Ethan and I stayed at our room the whole night. He was furious. Good thing that I had him calm down a bit. In the end, we just cuddle on our bed until we fell asleep.

Anya texted me that Blake walked out and didn't came back to his room until 3 in the morning. She said that he looks drunk when she accidentally saw him that time. While the others doesn't seem to mind what had happened. I don't know if it was a good thing. I am really hoping that their friendship would not be ruin.

The whole ride back to Manila are filled with tension. No one dares to come or talk with us. I felt like they're avoiding us. But every time I looked at them, they will either give me a brief smile or a smirk. I wonder if they're mad at me. I felt a little guilt because of what happened.

Ethan is holding my hand tightly with his right hand, while his other hand was busy typing on his cellphone. I heard a while ago that he was talking with his executive secretary with business. I glance at my right side and saw Blake with his headphones on. He seems lost in his own world while listening to whatever music from his IPod.

Maybe feeling my gaze, he turned his eyes on me. I don't know if I should smile on him or what. It was his cold gaze that made me shiver. His face was void of any emotions which frustrates me. What are you thinking, Blake? But then he smiles – a smile which didn't reach his eyes that I can almost swallow the sadness coming from him. Why?

I felt Ethan's grip tighten which catches my attention. I saw that he is looking at Blake now with his jaw clenching. To which the latter did the same. Fearing that they might clash again, I interfere with their gazing contest.

"Ethan." I called him so we would look at me. "Please, Ethan." I begged.

"Tch." He pulled away his hands from me. I thought I made him angry. Instead, he turned sideways and hugged me. "I don't know what to do without you." It made my heart beat faster than usual. I felt him kissing my hair. "I don't know what I will do if someone takes you away from me. I will probably gone crazy." He chuckled.

"Why would someone takes me away from you?" I murmured. He didn't answer but rather caress my hair and kissing it once in a while. My gaze turn towards Anya who is intently looking at us. She mouthed 'sweet' and then smirked. I felt my cheeks burned with her comment.

With Ethan's touch, I found serenity and calmness. And then, I fell asleep.

It's been two weeks since the vacation we had. Everything seem to go back normally. Ethan seem to forget what had happened and started talking with his friends now. It gave me a sense of relief.

I am walking through the corridors. Only few students can be seen as it is not yet our break time. I just got outside because I went to the restroom. As I walked to go back in our classroom, a familiar figure caught my attention. He was on his back with his cellphone on his ears. But as I coming near to him, his voice seemingly becoming familiar to me. My heart started beating fast. Could it be?

The familiar figure slowly turned on me as my eyes widen. He gave me that longing smile.

"What?" He chuckled. "No hug for me, Princess?" He pouted as he spread his arms. I didn't waste any second as I launched myself in his arms. I really did miss him.

'I'm only one call away

I'll be there to save the day

Superman got nothing on me

I'm only one call away...'

"Superman!" He hugged each other. "I miss you." I whispered.

"I miss you more, Princess." I felt him kissed my head.