16

Unedited

16. Freebie

It's been three months since Ethan and I became a couple. I can say that he is perfect. He always tend to my needs and making me feel much loved. His friends are very supportive on us too. Sometimes, I feel like I wasn't good enough for him.

Anyway, I received a text from Ethan a while ago that he is going to straight at the gym to practice. I told him that I will go a bit later. I look around and saw all the students seem to be very busy. I wonder why.

"Winter!" I heard Anya calling me behind.

"Hi Anya." I greeted her. I noticed that she is holding a box. "What is that?"

"Para sa foundation week ito."

"Foundation week?"

"Hindi mo ba alam?" She asked with a blank look. "Ay oo nga pala, bago ka nga lang pala dito."

"Why?"

"May event kasi ngayong week na ito." She said as she walked with me. "Well, every year kaming nagcecelebrate ng event na ito. Yun ay ang Foundation Week ng Charleston. Ngayong buwan kasi unang itinatag ang school na ito."

"I-itinatag? What is that word?" I'm still struggling with some deep Tagalog words.

Anya chuckled. "It means established, my friend." I nodded as I got what she meant.

"Ah alright. So, what should I do? You all seemed busy..." She stared at me for a while before she speaks again.

"Alam ko na!" She grins wickedly. "Tumulong ka na lang sa student council. May booth kaming tinatayo ngayon."

"Booth?"

"Yes. Every Foundation Week, each school organization build their own booth, including student council." She said as I listened thoughtfully. "Sa mga booth na yun, nagbebenta sila ng mga iba't ibang products or services. Like sa Home Ecomics Club, they cooked different menu and sell it to the students. Sa Photography Club naman is obviously a photo booth. At marami pang iba. Mamaya ipapasyal kita" She shrugged. "But of course, hindi lang naman sila nagbebenta lang. Kanya kanya din silang gimmick."

"Really? What kind of gimmick?" I asked curiously.

"Laters." She winks at me. "Sa ngayon, sumama ka saken papunta sa booth namin."

"Okay." I said while nodding. I just sent a text to Ethan that I will go with Anya for the mean time.

"Perfect!"

The booths that Anya told me a while ago are located around the school grounds. The students are scattered everywhere, while chatting and strolling with each other. I also learned from Anya that there's no classes for a week.

"What do you think, Winter?" Anya asked that made my attention back at her. I look around the booth that they made. Well, I kinda help them a little. There's a lot of items inside like bottled water, snacks, school supplies, and many more. They called their booth like, "Anything You Need Booth". It sounded weird to me but I guess the name was just fitted to their booth, as it offers anything you just needed.

"Fine." I answered timidly.

"Yung totoo, Winter?" She huffed. "Para namang di ka nagagandahan sa booth namin eh." I grimaced with what she said. She looked offended. I never meant to make her felt that way.

"I'm sorry, Anya." I said. "Your booth is cool. Please don't think like I am judging your work."

"Really?" She narrowed her eyes.