1

Winter Ysabelle Howe on my mind

Winter Ysabelle Howe on my mind. (I just accidentally saw this photo on Facebook. I thought she fits the character. She's very pretty but I don't know her name. I do not own the photo.)

Edited

I. Superman

London, England

"Are you sure about it, princess?" Papa asked for the nth time. I gave him a smile while fixing the clothes on my luggage.

"Yes, Papa. I'm certain." I know he is worried. It is the first time that I'll be going somewhere far. But I need to do this, to see her. I really missed her. Last year, Summer left us. I beg Papa to search for her. Despite his anger, he granted my request. We found out that she went in the Philippines. That's why, I'll be going there. I also found out that my Momma has a Filipino blood and used to live in there until her teenage years. Now I know why she always talked about Philippines; their tradition and native language. Maybe we have relatives in there? I'm excited to meet them. I love to meet more cousins as I only have two in here.

"You know, you don't have to do this." He shook his head in dismay. "You have everything in here. I can give you more. Just name it." His lips formed a thin line. "You don't need to go in that country. I can send someone else to look for that girl."

"Papa!" I frowned at him. I know he was still mad at Summer. My grandfather is a hard and cold man. That's what I learned about him, through the years. But I disagree on that. He is a very sweet man. He always tend on my needs and spoiled me rotten. But I don't want to be spoiled. Momma told me that it's not right and I have learn to be contended on things that I just needed. "You know I only want my sister."

"Alright then." He sighed. I sit down on the side of my pink queen size bed. Then, I look around my 60 square meters room. It is surrounded by different shade of pink. It's my favorite color, that's why. "Just don't forget to update me everyday. I don't want to miss a day without hearing your voice. Understood, darling?" His strict face says it all. "If I didn't hear a thing from you, I promise you that I will personally go and check you there."

"Aye aye captain!" I jokingly said.

"I am serious, Winter Ysabelle!" His forehead creased a bit. I walk towards him as he is standing in front of my big window with his both hands in his waist. I hug him.

"I will be fine there, Papa. You don't need to worry." I felt his hand touches my hair. "I'm a big girl now. Look!" I twirled around which made him smile.

"I know. Time flies, really. You look very much like your mother. You are very pretty."

"Really? Thank you, Papa!" I hug him again. But then, we heard a knock on my door.

"Young lady?" That is my personal nanny, Miranda.

"Come in." I said softly. The door open and Miranda came in.

"Master." She bowed her head on my grandfather. "Young lady." Bowing her head on me, too. I always told her that she didn't need to do that.

"What is it, Auntie Mira?" That's how I called her.

"Young Master Clark is here. He said, he wants to talk with you." I smile on that.

"Tell him to go here in my room." My grandfather cleared his throat.

"That boy." He was shaking his head but with a little smile. "I guess, I'll be waiting with you downstairs." He kissed my forehead.

"Okay, Papa."

After a few minutes, I felt someone hugging me from the behind.

"Clark."

"Winter." I turned around to face him. I grinned. With each year passing, he is becoming more handsome. Girls went crazy around him. Well, I can't blame them. Clark has thick blonde hair with a mohawk style. He is five feet and eleven inches tall. He is also very fit. As I know, he frequently goes to gym. But my favorite part of him is his green eyes. It's very vibrant that each time he looks at me, it seems to be tantalizing. No doubt that he became a heartthrob in our school, even if he already graduated. He is in college now. But as far as I know, he didn't have any girlfriend. Or so I thought?

"Done checking me out, young lady?" I punched his side arms and pout. He pinched my both cheeks and kissed both of them. He is always like that.

"I am not checking you out." I still pouting my lips."You are not that handsome." I teasingly said.

"Hey, you are talking to one of the college hearthrobs here." He arrogantly announced which made me rolled my eyes.

"No way!" I dramatically commented. He just laughwd and ruffled my hair.

"Hey!" I said fixing my dark brown curly hair. I let it grow until my waistline and I also have a full bangs. "By the way, why are you here? I thought you have a business meeting to attend?" I asked him. Though he is still studying, he also manages their company once in a while. His father wants him to get a training as early as now, considering that he is the only child and heir of the family.

His face became serious. "You're leaving." I did not told him about it. Because I know, he won't approve. "And without telling me." He glared at me but I hug him.

"Please don't be mad. I'm sorry." I felt him hugging me back and kisses my head.

"I'm not mad. Maybe, just a little." He sighs. "I thought I'm your... bestfriend." He whispered the last word.

"Of course you are!" I said. "You're my only bestfriend." I smile. "I just don't want you to worry."

"Maybe I can file a vacation and go with you." He looks determined.

"I will be fine by myself."

"But-" I cut him off.

"I'll be fine, really. I don't want other people to think that I always drag you to anywhere I wanted to, like a spoiled brat." I explained. "And besides, you are on a training. I don't want to be a bother..."

"No one said that." He said firmly. "You will never be a bother to me."

"I know, Clarky."

"Just..." He looks at me intently. He's giving me that look again. But there's something in there. I just can't name it. "Just take care of yourself. If something went wrong, call me. Don't hesitate and I'll be there immediately. Anytime, okay? I'm your superman, yes?"

"Yes. My superman." I whispered.

*************************************************

Thank you for reading. Til next chapter. :-)

-Elle Jacinto

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.