13

Unedited

13. Yours

It's been weeks since we attended the victory party. Since then, Ethan barely left my side. He's been very serious on courting me. He never misses to give me one long stemmed pink rose with a note. I find it sweet. Like today, it said:

To the most beautiful girl in the universe,

I'm so in love with you.

Yours,

E.E.

Anyway, it's already our lunch break. For a while, I excused myself inside the cafeteria. I needed to go in the rest room. Ethan didn't want me to go alone. But I sent him a glare like the one he usually gave to others. He chuckled and told me that I have five minutes to do what I needed there. I shook my head. He is impossible! I was about to go back when I saw Summer looking afar.

"Summer..." I guess I startled her. I sent her an apologetic gaze. "How are you?" She just stared at me. I walk towards her. I made it in front of her. I look up to her as she is inches taller than me.

"Winter." She whispered but enough for me to hear. I always think of her everyday. I just didn't show myself to her. I still made cookies and sent it to her. I hope she is eating it.

"I hope you like the cookies..." She bows her head but I can see a small smile on her face. Even though she hides it from me, I know she is starting to warm up on me again. After all, we are sisters.

"You're really stubborn." She shook her head but I can never miss the small smile drawn on her lips.

"I really am." I said that with a wide smile. "Ate... I miss you." She is just staring at me. "I hope you're not angry to me anymore."

"I am not angry." She whispered and she move closer to my spot. "You're really a good girl." She patted my head like she used to do when we were in England.

"Ate..." I felt tears behind my eyes. "I'm glad to hear that." I was about to say more when I heard my name being called.

"Snow White!" We both turn our head. It's Ethan. His face is marred with a frown. As soon as he comes to my side, his arms snaked around my waist. "You're taking too long, Snow White." He murmurs against my ear. Then he turns on my sister.

"Santiago."

"Esquivel." My sister mutters boringly with her eyebrows raised.

"I am taking my girl now." Both of them were intently staring with each other.

"You're girl?" Her eyes narrowed at Ethan. They both held a gaze with each other. "Hmm, let's see." She circled us with her arms crossed. "Ethan Jerome Esquivel. A snob, cold-hearted boy. "She stopped circling us. "You think, you deserved to be with her?" She asked sarcastically. I am amazed at how she changed her attitude all of a sudden.

"What are you implying?" Ethan's face looks murderous. If I know better, I would think that they both have issues with each other. But then, Ethan chuckled darkly. "I see, Ms. President." He slid his hands on his jeans pocket. "Being bitter won't bring you anywhere."

"Himala..." Though she calmly said the word, I know she's angry deep inside. "Ang haba ng sinabi mo." She smirks. "Nagiging madaldal ka na yata?"

"You're talking about nonsense."

"Napansin ko lang naman." Summer sarcastically replied.

"None of your business." Ethan mutters nonchalantly. "Come on now, Snow White." He whispers on me.