14

Unedited

14. Heirloom

We ended up in an exclusive restaurant after his so-called surprise. It has a garden theme which gives you a relaxing feeling. When we arrived, all eyes were on us. Could it be because of what we are wearing? Hmm. Maybe, it is. Because I glance around and saw that all guest are wearing formal dress and suit. While I wear my school uniform and Ethan a leather jacket attire. But he did not seem to mind them. He dragged me inside and went to the farthest corner of the restaurant. I continue to look around and noticed that girls were gawking on Ethan. Though I feel a bit jealous on how they look at him, I can't blame them. He really is, a head turner indeed. I wonder how and why Ethan noticed me when I know he can get the most perfect girl here. How lucky I am, then?

We were sitting in front of each other. I can't help but to be amused because this boy infront of me keeps grinning from ear to ear.

"The girls are looking at you..." I saw his lips grin more widely.

"You know, you look like a crazy." I murmur.

"I'm crazy for you." My eyes widen. It was meant to be a joke. I chuckle at his replied.

"You're really crazy, Ethan." I shook my head and stared at the food in front of me, instead.

"They don't matter to me."

"What?"

"Those girls..." He held a serious gaze at me. The playful Ethan was gone now. "They're nothing. You're the only girl that matters to me. I don't care if they look. I'll only want how you look at me."

"Me too. I'll only want you to look at me." I never thought that I'll have a boyfriend here. I wonder what will be my Papa' reaction. Will he get mad? I frown.

"Hey Snow White, what's wrong?" I felt Ethan's hand on mine. I look at him and saw the concern in his eyes.

"Nothing..." I whispered but he didn't look convinced.

"Tell me." He said firmly. I sighed. I know he'll never stop bugging me until I said what I am thinking.

"I am just thinking about Papa." I trailed. "I mean, my grandfather. I haven't told him about you..." I look at his eyes. "Are you mad?"

"Why would I be, Snow White?" He said caressing my hand. "It's fine." He gave me a short smile. "Do you want me to introduce myself to him? I can go to London right now and..."

"Oh no! No need, Ethan." I cut him off. Although, it really melts my heart hearing it from him. Now, I felt secured knowing he is really serious about me.

"You sure?" He asks softly. "I want to know about your family, Snow White. The only one I knew is your evil sister." He said while his forehead knotted. I laugh a little.

"An evil, huh?"

"Snow White, that's how the students in Charleston have been calling her since she came there." He said while playing with my hand.

"Really?" I murmur. Though I know that Summer is a very quiet person, I never thought that she'll be called by that word.

"Enough with your sister." He said. "What about your other family? You never mention your parents..." I suddenly felt sad when he asked me about my parents.

"They're already dead." I whispered.

"I'm sorry, Snow White." He pulled his hand over mine and stands up. He moves his chair on my side and hugs me. "Don't be sad." He is caressing my hair. I leaned more closely on him.

"Thank you, Ethan." It feels good to be near him. I thought.

"I remembered when I was turning six, they told me that they were leaving for a business trip somewhere..." I said reminiscing that very day. We decided to take a walk outside the restaurant. It has a lake nearby so we went here. "It'll be two days before my birthday but they told me that they'll make sure to come back." I felt Ethan's arms wrapped around my waist. He is back hugging me. "Well, somehow they full filled their promised."

"You can stop now, Snow White if you can't say it." Ethan cooed.

I glance at Ethan through my peripheral eyes. "No. I want to tell you." I squeezed his arms. "They came back lifeless and I celebrated my birthday in front of their grave." I felt Ethan's arms tighten.

"I wish I'm there for you."

"It's okay, at least I have you here with me now." I smiled while looking at the lake in front of us. "I'm happy to have you. I never thought I'll met and fall in love with someone while trying to find my sister. Should I thank her then?"

"Maybe, we should." He chuckles. "I don't know what I will be until now if I never met you on that day." He leaned his head closely to my shoulder. "I never felt this way. I've been so lonely until you came. I'm so in love with you. I don't know what will happen to me if I lose you."

"It'll never happen."

"I'll make sure of that. No matter what, I'll never lose you. You're for me." You're for me, too. I said in my mind.

It's already seven in the evening when he brought me back in my apartment.

"Thank you, Ethan." I said sweetly. He holds my left hand and kiss the back of it.

"Anything for my queen." He kissed it again and I closed my eyes to feel it. But after a few seconds, my eyes snap open because I felt something cold in my finger.

"What is... it?" He is smirked while looking at my hand. "A ring?" I gasped. It is so beautiful but it looks old because of the intricate design on the ring's band. The band, I guess, is a white gold from the looks of it. It has a three rectangular-shaped stone where the one in center is the biggest. It looks unique because of the color which I can't figure out. It looks to be black, but not exactly. It is the first time I saw a stone like this. "It's so beautiful, Ethan."

"Yes, just like you." He stares at me lovingly. "Do you like it?"

"Of course!" I said but my eyes widen in realization. "Are you giving it to me?"

"That was my family's heirloom. Serendibite. It was made for you." He kissed the ring on my finger. Wow, I can't believe that I am wearing a family heirloom ring.

"Serendibite?"

"The name of the stone. It's a rare kind. It have been our family's possession for a very long time." He said while looking in it. "This ring is a symbol that you're for me until eternity."

"Eternity?" He is seriously staring at me. "Are you saying that it's an engagement ring?" I gasped for the nth time.

"More than that, Snow White." He caress my cheeks and leans in closer. He kissed me on my lips and placed his forehead against mine. "Marry me?" I pulled away from him. Is he serious? "Yes, I'm serious." He answered like he can read my mind.

"But do you think, it's too early for that? Besides, it's just the first day of our relationship as couple. Are you sure about it?" I breathlessly asked. When I look at him, he is just staring at me.

"I never been sure in my life. Marry me. Maybe, not now. You're still young." He placed again his forehead against mine. "When you're ready, I'll marry you right away. Just say a word."

"Seriously?" I ask in a whisper.

"Please say yes now." I guess it's not a bad thing.

"Yes..." I whisper. This sounds crazy but it made my heart skip a beat. I know we are still young but I am hopeful that we will last.

*************************************************

Thank you for reading and supporting.

-Elle Jacinto

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.