best friend • kim seungmin

I swung the door to my bedroom open, and I see Seungmin looking up from his laptop with an unamused face.

“Part five?”

I threw my bag on the carpet, “More like the finale. I broke it off with him.”

He blinked, “Okay, and…”

I sat down and sighed, “You were right. He was a jerk who didn’t deserve my time. I should have listened to you last month and ignored all of his text messages.”

Seungmin pursed his lips and crossed his arms, “So why didn’t you?”

I placed both of my hands on the blankets and leaned closer towards him, “I felt bad, like almost guilty. I mean he was a somewhat ‘friend’ so I didn’t want to hurt his feelings, so I dragged it on. But I didn’t know he’d be such a headache. No wait, he gives me cancer. I can’t anymore.” I pinched between my brows and shut my eyes tightly, feeling a small migraine coming along.

Seungmin chuckled as he typed away on his laptop, “I swear Y/n, you never listen to me. I always tell you beforehand but you’re always like ‘no, I feel bad’ or ‘no, it’s too much work’, but sometimes, you just gotta be rude for once if you want to get your point across.” He mocked me with the most serious face.

“Why? Why must boys be so dumb?” I cried, muffling my face into my stuffed cat plush.

Seungmin grew quiet and raised an eyebrow, “We’re not dumb, Y/n. Boys just don’t understand you.”

“But you understand me,” I smiled cheekily, peeking my head out of the plush.

He scoffed, “That’s because I’ve known you for my entire life. That’s hardly fair to other boys if you compare them with me.”

I pouted and looked down at my hands, “I’m so sad. I’m gonna get rejected to all my colleges and stay single for my entire life. I’ve stooped to a new low. I’m actually considering becoming a monk.”

“Are you really down to become vegetarian?”

I paused for a second to think about it and shivered.

“Never mind. Forget I said anything.”

~

“You’re gonna get fat if you keep on stuffing yourself with ice cream while laying on the couch like that,” Seungmin said as he eyed me laying in a comfortable position of the couch, licking ice cream off the back of my spoon that was dunked in a tub of mint chocolate chip. 

I shrugged it off nonchalantly, “Isn’t this what girls do after a break up in those cheesy and cliche high school movies? It actually works.”

Seungmin got up, took my tub of ice cream, and placed a cap on it. I reached for it longingly as he took away my only source of happiness.

He threw a pillow at me, “How’s anyone gonna like you if you’re like this?”

“I’m okay with being single. I won’t date for two years if I get into the college of my dreams, I swear.”

His eyes widened, “That’s quite a bet you made. No flirting either?”

“Nah, flirting is whatevers, but I just really want to get in. I haven’t been this desperate ever.”

He sighed and leaned back on the couch, “You’re stupid…”

I sat up abruptly, “Can you not state the obvious? I haven’t even been accepted to any colleges yet.” 

Seungmin laughed as he shook his head, “Not that. You didn’t even let me finish!”

“Okay, go ahead.”