it's you • han jisung

“This isn’t a good idea, Y/n” Jisung said, sneaking through your backyard cautiously, not wanting to wake your parents.

“C’mon. Live a little, and stop being such a goody two shoes,” you said quietly. You eased open the gate with as little force as possible, trying your hardest not to make a decibel of noise.

Jisung whispered, “Are you sure we should be going out? Aren’t there coyotes in your neighborhood?” The boy looked at you with wide eyes. You could almost see a hint of fear in them.

“Boy, chill. They’ve only been spotted once. Think of them as big cats. If you don’t bother them, they won’t bother you,” you explained. Jisung was taking forever to pass the gate because he was too busy worrying about the coyotes and your parents finding out. You took his hand and dragged him through the gate.

“Let’s see you say that about spiders. Next time you see one, I’ll just say ‘if you don’t bother them, they won’t bother you’. How would you react?” he retorted.

“YOU WOULDN’T. You’re a monster. I’m best friends with a monster, someone please save me,” you playfully pleaded for help.

Jisung placed a hand over your mouth, “Bitch, do you want to get caught?”

~

The both of you managed to master your escape plan through the backyard. You sneakily glanced back one more time to make sure the lights in the house weren’t on.

“You know, if they find out you’re sneaking out with me, I’ll never be able to sleepover again,” Jisung slowly explained, as if you were deaf. 

“Chill, I’m sure they’ll make an exception. I have your house key remember? I’ll get you out when you’re grounded, “ you winked.

Your parents and Jisung’s parents have known each other since before the two of you were even born. They were the closest of friends, and so were you and Jisung. Ever since birth, the two of you were inseparable. Although you two were practically the same age, you’ve watched him grow from infant to toddler, toddler to tween, and finally tween to teenager. He matured really well. Jisung was pretty popular at school, and many girls had a thing for him. You, on the other hand, was alright. You had your fair share of crushes here and there, but they never really went further than mere crushes. Maybe because the only crush you had was on your best friend. 

“Oh yea? You’re gonna climb up my window? And do that Romeo and Juliet shit?” he asked, shoving his hands into his jean pockets. He exhaled, and you could see a puff of air escape his mouth. It was getting cold in January.

“Only for you Juliet. Or you could let down your hair for me to climb up, like Rapunzel,” you stated. It was so cold that you stuffed your hands into the pouch of your hoodie.

Jisung scoffed, “Oh like my hair is twenty feet long. Totally. I could do that.” His voice was dripping with sarcasm.

“Maybe if you tied all of your flannels together, it might reach. I’m just saying,” you put your hands up in defense.

Your friend glared at you. Playfully, you nudged him in the arm and he laughed. He took his hand out of his pockets and poked your waist, causing you to break into giggles. You were extremely ticklish. 

“Threaten my flannels again, and you’ll never see Truffles,” he said, jeopardizing the well being of your beloved stuffed bear.

You gasped, “You indespicable excuse of a human being. You monster! Don’t you dare touch my baby!”

Jisung rolled his eyes and chuckled at your reaction. He swung an arm around you and pretended to choke you. For leverage, you grabbed onto his arm to pull yourself upright again. Man, he grew. I remember when he was a puny little chipmunk holding onto a basketball. He was smaller than the basketball.