insecure • lee felix

"Why are you listening to them?" your best friend, Isa, said as she continued to memorize the choreography. Her eyes followed the instructor on the screen.

"Because they're right. I'm too young for him. They say age is just a number, but honestly do they really mean it?" you stated. You ran your fingers through your hair.

"I don't have time to go all philosophical, Y/n. You don't have time for this either. We need to start learning this choreo or else the instructor is going to give us shit for it. I'm sure Felix loves you too."

"You're so inconsiderate," you pouted at your friend's choice of words. She was right, you didn't have time for crap like this. You knew she meant well, but you can't help thinking about what the other trainees said earlier.

~

"Your face," Jisung commented.

"What's with my face?" you looked at him weirdly.

"It looks so distressed," he pointed out, "Did Felix finally piss you off or something?"

You sighed and explained to him exactly what happened.

"And your point is..." the older boy squinted at you.

"What if I'm not good enough for him? What if my age hinders my potential?" you spilled. This shouldn't be getting to me. I'm usually not like this.

"Look, you can't let little things like this get to you. When you make your debut and perform in front of other people, you're gonna get so much criticism. But at the same time you'll get many supportive comments. Just like you dating Felix. The other trainee may disprove of it. But we, and all your friends, support it. Because we know the real you," he explained as he patted your back soothingly.

"Thanks Jisung," you gave him a quick hug.

"Hey don't you have a choreo to learn?"

"You right."

~

1 am.

You yawned as you packed your bags, getting ready to leave your practice room. The talk with Jisung earlier helped you tremendously, and you were finally able to focus on the new choreography. Just as you were about to grab your bags and leave, you heard the door open.

"Hey, I finished practice early, and I wanted to check on you," Felix said sheepishly.

You smiled and walked towards him. He dyed his hair black again. I was just starting to get used to his blonde hair. He immediately pulled you into his embrace.

"I missed you," you mumbled onto his shoulder. He rubbed soothing circles onto your back.

"I missed you too. It feels like I haven't seen you in months," he looked at you, "Did you lose weight?" he squished your cheeks together.

"I stress eat okay?" you fiddled with the ends of your sweater.

"Don't worry. Jisung told me already," Felix said as he plopped onto the couch. He patted the seat next to him, motioning for you to sit down. He placed an arm around your shoulder.

"Before you start lecturing me, I was already lectured by Isa and Jisung. I know I was being dumb," you defended yourself.

Felix chuckled, "You know I don't care about your age right? It's your personality and the way you handle things. That's what I like about you," he said as he leaned his head on top of yours.

"By the way, have you seen our new performance?"

"Yea, Jisung killed it."

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE LOOKING AT ME, NOT OTHER MEN!"

"You big baby," you chuckled and ruffled his hair.