mr. arrogant • seo changbin

“Why didn’t you tell me your roommate was a dude? I would have reconsidered before I paid the security deposit,” I spat as I pulled my best friend to the side, nagging in her left ear.

She smiled sheepishly, “He’s not my roommate, he’s Felix’s roommate. Since Felix is moving in with me, I thought might as well. You needed a place to stay anyways, and do you know how hard it is to find a cheap apartment with your wallet?”

I pouted and furrowed my brows, “But I don’t know this dude. You know I’m dead awkward with new people.”

She shrugged helplessly, “Sounds like a good time to make friends.”

“Sounds like a good time to cut all ties with you,” I smiled through my bitterness.

“Okay. Let’s end our friendship and becomes sisters,” she joked as she made a derpy face. I rolled my eyes and shoved her arm away.

My best friend leaned on the wall and eyed me, “If it makes it any better, he’s single and kinda cute.”

I scoffed, “Okay, your definition of cute and my definition of cute are completely different.” 

I shook my head in disbelief. On the bright side, I managed to snatch a nice apartment with a large amount of natural lighting, which would be beneficial to my eyes since I’ll be staring at the laptop the entire day. Plus, it had a balcony.

“You’ll learn to get along with him. He’s kinda like you. Boring, stays at home all day, straightforward, short.”

I smiled fakely at my best friend and walked over to my bedroom facing my roommate’s, whose name was Changbin apparently. I had moved in this morning since my classes didn’t start till noon, which gave me plenty of time to unpack and organize my things. Assuming Changbin had morning classes, we wouldn’t be seeing each other so often. Being acquaintances can’t be that hard, right? 

~

“Did you put Gyu in the living room?” 

I glanced up from my laptop while typing up my essay on the couch, “What’s a Gyu?”

Changbin glared at me, “Gyu is my Munchlax plush. Why did you put it in the living room? Do you know how easily dust transfers especially since we live in a goddamn city?”

I let out a deep breath. 

Three weeks with this guy, and I already want to kill myself. He wastes my brain cells.

I forced a smile at Changbin, “Listen kid. I never touched your Gyu, okay? And it’s just a stuffed Pokemon. Why are you treating it as if it were a baby? It’s not gonna get affected by pollution.”

“Just don’t touch my things next time,” he said seriously, his bitch face showing.

I held my hands up in defense, “I wouldn’t even dream of it.”

Changbin mumbled something and took Gyu back to him room, something along the lines of “I bet Felix did it.”

Everything went wrong from the day I moved in. I accidentally knocked over his bookcase filled with CD’s. In my defense, it was smacked right in the middle of the hallway. Who in the right mind would leave a bookcase there? Changbin came home greeted with a pile of his albums on the floor with some random girl attempting to organize it. I can pretty much say ever since then, he’s hated my guts.

I ignored Changbin’s little tantrum and tried to focus on my essay. I stared blankly at my screen, pressing the “backspace” key madly. The essay was due soon, but my thesis was too weak for me to formulate it into a full length analysis essay. Hopelessly, I threw a throw pillow over my face in frustration as I kicked my legs off the floor.