Part 23

A/N: A quick point about the song: the band's name is now Dear Agony. They're pretty much awesome and I'm glad I finally got to use one of their songs with my story! Now back to the action~

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, shit. That was unexpected.

Okay, maybe not completely unexpected. I had often wondered about, um, yeah. No more wondering.

An arm brushed over the bare skin of my shoulder, snapping me out of my revelry. It gently wrapped around me and squeezed me into a cool embrace.

"So? Was I just all talk, Beautiful?" Ian whispered through my loose curly hair into my ear.

The tired muscles of my legs clenched together as I desperately tried to not focus on the heat rising in my cheeks. My face was warm. Act cool, cool as a cucumber. "I will never doubt again."

I could almost hear the smile on his lips as he replied, "there will never be a need."

A slightly confused smile plastered itself on my face. Did he just quote that movie? Was he messing with me? "Did you do that on purpose?"

"Do what?" He loosened his grip so I could flip over and face him.

It was a more complicated process than I'd anticipated facing him, mostly due to our legs being inconceivably tangled up in the dark brown bed sheets. Once I finally was respectably covered by the sheet between us and able to see his smug face, I scrutinized him further. "Are you sure you're not just mostly dead? You know, meaning slightly alive?"

"Yes, I'm definitely all dead, or undead. Why?"

I sighed with a massive heave of my chest and sat up, pulling the sheet along with me as cover. "It's nothing. Just a little disoriented I think."

He let the fabric slid off him without any shame and chuckled as I quickly turned away, embarrassed. "You've already seen it all. I'm not sure why you're being so shy now."

"Perhaps, it's just the gravity of the situation that's hitting me." I stood up and continued wrapping myself in the sheet. "I need to go to the bathroom."

"You know where it is." He watched me and although, he'd drunk my blood several times now, I couldn't shake the feeling that his eyes had a possessive quality to them suddenly.

I shivered and hugged the fabric closer, no need to advertise how my body reacted to him any more than I already had.

When I finally locked the bathroom door behind me, I allowed my grip on the sheet to loosen and it fell to the floor. The view made me blush a little as I had several light bruises across my torso and arms, but what really caught my attention was the darker hickey that consumed almost the whole left side of my neck. Gingerly, I reached for it. The two prick wounds really had healed shut on their own within seconds of him licking them.

My breathing sped up again as if I could feel his tongue on me still, but I shook myself.

Okay, so he can heal others as well as himself with his weirdly, perfect body. That thought had me blushing yet again so I went about my business on the toilet as a distraction. He probably could hear my every irregular palpitation. Seriously, there would be no privacy unless we figured out some boundaries.

Crap, that conversation was supposed to happen before anything else tonight. Not that I was expecting anything else tonight. I glanced at the wall connecting the bathroom with the bedroom and hoped Ian wasn't listening in too closely to the erratic prancing of my heart.